UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford

I was reading the TU story about tonight's gamewhen I noticed the line "Hartford traveled to the Capital Region on Sunday and the Hawks practiced at SEFCU Arena late in the afternoon."

Didn't the conference pass a goofy rule last year that teams can't travel the day before conference games if they're less than 200 miles apart?

Every year this team with their three point shooting gives us a hard time, this year we've done a terrible job defending the outside shot. They aren't shooting well from three but their volume is HUGE from out there. Hopefully a huge dose of 3-2 zone today or an extended 1-2-2 and get back in transition D and cover the wings.

They also turn the ball over a HUGE amount, trapping out of the 1-2-2 could be a great option to force to's.

Great effort tonight, Hartford scrapped and clawed, Torres at times was out of control and got rightfully T'd up. We finally put a team down to close the game out. All around great effort.

Suero - what can you say, at this point he's the POY. He's passing, rebounding, scoring...24pts on 9-14, 9rb 5ast, 2blks and a steal.

Black - 15pts, 9ast...I don't think Mike is getting enough credit for the season he's having. His assists and A/T is way down, just needs to be careful with the fouls.

Devlin - Looks like he's rounding into game shape nicely, really starting to contribute over the last few games

Logan - Another high efficiency effort, shooting better then 50%, 5rb, 2blks, he's being overshadowed by Suero who is clearly the top banana but it's benefiting Logan being the second option.

And last but NOT least. Finally Puk doing work, 7pt and 11reb and great defense down low, hopefully he can continue to play like he has, oh yeah, all of that in 16 minutes. Keep bringing him along, get him healthy his size and mobility alone will payoff in this league.

Hartford played tough and VERY physical, I thought Torres was borderline dirty especially with his smacking the ball against the scorers table and the hit he put on on Suero. Refs had to pull the coaches to the middle of the floor and Brown was pissed and looked like he told Galagher to control him or it will get out of hand. He was just really frustrated and losing his cool repeatedly.

Granted this was against a winless team but you gotta play the teams on your schedule. Great work today!

We win - 40 to 37 - huge conference win for the WOMEN at Hartford

Yeah, but we beat Hart by three at their place last year, then lost to them at home and in the tournament. Too bad Rizzoti gets home court every year.

This had to be one ugly game - UH shot 25% for the game. Albany shot 38.5% - from the FOUL LINE (32% overall). The score they announced but I didn't believe at our game was correct - Albany led 14-4 at under-8:00 media timeout.

Starting conference play with the men and women both in first place - beers all around!

Suero's point get the attention but he is terrific rebounder. Double-double and the Mount and 9 tonight. Granted it was against Hartford but he is improving as the season goes on.

I'm a Watts fan but that was a brutal game for him. Probably the best night for him to have a rough game. Great energy from the rest of the bench. If anyone sees a video highlight of the Guerrier dunk please post it.

Starting conference play with the men and women both in first place - beers all around!

Suero's point get the attention but he is terrific rebounder. Double-double and the Mount and 9 tonight. Granted it was against Hartford but he is improving as the season goes on.

I'm a Watts fan but that was a brutal game for him. Probably the best night for him to have a rough game. Great energy from the rest of the bench. If anyone sees a video highlight of the Guerrier dunk please post it.

Fox Sports has video of Luke, Logan, and Jason's dunks

Archived