UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford Game

We need to keep moving as a program in the right direction...2 winning season is 2 winning season. It's a sensitive topic, I recognize that, I wish the team luck with every win this decision becomes easier to make.

Those are the facts. I guess the problem I have with the "2 winning seasons in 11 years" is that in those first three seasons we were something like 20-64 and I don't know that there was another coach in the country who could do any better with Janis Pipikis and Marvin Cheese on their roster. NCAA rules that prevented us from filling it. To me the 04-05 year was the first step out of the valley with a full roster and we've been 120-110 since.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can take the first three out and it's still 2 in 8...none after back to back ncaa runs... Again it looks like lessons were learned and program is once again moving in the right direction.

My problem with this is the arbitrary counting of similar seasons. Not a hell of a lot of difference to me between 14-15, 15-15 and 16-15(all average seasons). The 14-15 might actually be better than a 16-15 if it is against tougher competition, but some want to count a certain way in order to spin a certain way.

No question in my mind that Mike Black and Logan Aronholt are the most important players for this team; it's not even up for debate in my mind.

Jacob Iati...congrats to that kid for coming out with tenacity and giving big minutes when Black was out with fouls. Our bigs...good lord if we get a big for next year we can be good. They really are non-factors. I thought Watts was ok...I still want more from him.

And I'd like to see more Guerrier.

HUGE ROAD WIN.......FINALLY..................A TEAM EFFORT...............Its like i am getting a blast from the past when wyland says 3 pointer from iati.

In a relatively low-scoring game, I like the fact that six players scored at least six points. (I wasn't able to see the box score with less than one minute remaining.)

You would have been ready to kill Suero if you watched.

I think he now has 21 turnovers combined in the last three outings. That seems to me to be WAY more than Wilson or even Timmy ever had. Frankly, we were a better team when the ball was NOT in his hands.

He really needs to gut check time himself; champions can adapt, and he most certainly needs to adapt his game a bit.

You would have been ready to kill Suero if you watched.

I think he now has 21 turnovers combined in the last three outings. That seems to me to be WAY more than Wilson or even Timmy ever had. Frankly, we were a better team when the ball was NOT in his hands.

He really needs to gut check time himself; champions can adapt, and he most certainly needs to adapt his game a bit.

Probably, by the sound of it many of us now accurately think black is our most important player... I don't want to kill suero, he's carried us many times but he really needs to take a step back and evaluate what he's doing.

If he does well be even more dangerous...

Look. For all intents and purposes, Suero is a Freshman. And as he plays more...he will get better. Timmy did this and Jamar did this. Unfortunately, we are in a tough schedule right now so it is just frustrating. Suero has won us more games than he has lost for us. No question. When he is on all cylinders...and passing...driving...jump stopping...we are offensively unstoppable.

Next year, I suspect a MAJOR leap by him is in the cards. So, maybe I am being too hard on him...but at some point he really needs to slow it down a bit.

I like the kid and I want him to be uber successful for himself and this team!

Great to be able to go to a game today and see our Danes. One thing I have never agreed with is Coach Brown's sort of picking on his good players throughout the years. When Timmy was a freshman and made a mistake, he was pulled immediately and somewhat berated on the bench. Today Suero was put into the game after the first 4 or 5 mins on the bench due to injury. First play he is leading a break. Gets by Torres but forgets about him. Torres recovers runs up from behind and strips the ball. Suero turns back after the turnover and jogs up the court looking up in the air and not realizing that Torres is streaking passed him for an easy layup. Brown immediately pulled him and said loud and clear, "You turn the ball over and then jog down the court and get beat?!?!?" Maybe ti works in the long run but I don't see it helping in the short term. I've never liked it.

I enjoyed watching Iati make some nice shots while sitting near his family who was going nuts when he hit two 3s. Suero had some really nice drives to the basket and made a few nice jumpers. Teams are really doing a much better job of cutting off his driving lane. I think in the OOC schedule teams don't gameplan as deeply as they do once conference play starts. Now the conference teams, especially the ones seeing him a second time, seem to know what he is going to do and shut it down. I think Coach Brown needs to find a way to free him up some more in different ways other then setting a pick and letting him drive towards the middle.

I really like the Hartford offensive movement. There are so many plays they run multiple cutters towards the basket and you don't know which is the decoy and which is the guy meant to get the pass or maybe it's a passer's option. Either way, I liked it. Torres is a little pain in the butt. I like his game, he hustles and plays at a seriously high speed without being too wild. As a fan of the opponent though he annoyed the crap out of me.

Good win. Fun game to be at. Wish I could go to more.

Archived