UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the water is being drained, can crews working on anything or is it going to be a case of chilaxing for 4 or 5 months while the water drains?

Just a guess, but they probably can move dirt to build the berms around the stadium, put in drainage pipes and electrical conduit. But if the drainage is needed before putting concrete footings in, there won't be much visible construction until the fourth of July (they said sixty to ninety days).

Edit: I see the 4/5 months mentioned by Rick Coe in Singelais' story on naming the field

Edited by UAalum72

It would be great if it opened in November but that wasn't the opening I was hoping for anyway. I'd like a good home opponent for 2013 and open the season with all the hoopla. Still amazed this is happening every time I drive by or read an update here. Awesome day.

what is this about the soccer team also playing in the stadium? Does this mean there's going to be a thousand lines on the field? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge soccer fan but I hate seeing a ton of lines from different sports on turf. It looks bush league.

Yeah, that's the "Multi-" in the name.

Tend to agree on the lines, would've preferred they put soccer in the T&F stadium if it'd fit, then put in temporary soccer lines in the big stadium if needed. But waddya gonna do?

I'm confused on the $1M or $2M field naming rights for the field. Is this money toward the $6M we're on the hook for out of the $24M project total cost? Why does it take $2M to name a field? In this case we're not selling the name to a corporation, it's named after the coach so where did this $2M figure come from and where does the money get applied?

what is this about the soccer team also playing in the stadium? Does this mean there's going to be a thousand lines on the field? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge soccer fan but I hate seeing a ton of lines from different sports on turf. It looks bush league. - UAlbany09

Unless the football fans were going to come up with the big bucks the only way you could prove the need was by making it a multi purpose facility.

From what I've heard the soccer teams are more comfortable playing on natural grass - so who knows maybe there won't be permanent soccer lines on the playing surface.

We were lucky that we didn't have to include the track facilitites inside the arena.

It's amazing, why do I feel that when tickets prices go up we'll hear complaints, from alot of people who say they want UA to be Big Time?????.

what is this about the soccer team also playing in the stadium? Does this mean there's going to be a thousand lines on the field? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge soccer fan but I hate seeing a ton of lines from different sports on turf. It looks bush league. - UAlbany09

Unless the football fans were going to come up with the big bucks the only way you could prove the need was by making it a multi purpose facility.

From what I've heard the soccer teams are more comfortable playing on natural grass - so who knows maybe there won't be permanent soccer lines on the playing surface.

We were lucky that we didn't have to include the track facilitites inside the arena.

It's amazing, why do I feel that when tickets prices go up we'll hear complaints, from alot of people who say they want UA to be Big Time?????.

I fully expect season tickets to at least double as they should. I would be prepared to chalk up a 4 figure donation yearly in addition to being a season ticket holder if you want to park in the RACC lot for games.

I fully expect season tickets to at least double as they should. I would be prepared to chalk up a 4 figure donation yearly in addition to being a season ticket holder if you want to park in the RACC lot for games. - danefan

I would hope we all feel the same way!!!!

what is this about the soccer team also playing in the stadium? Does this mean there's going to be a thousand lines on the field? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge soccer fan but I hate seeing a ton of lines from different sports on turf. It looks bush league.

Yeah, that's the "Multi-" in the name.

Tend to agree on the lines, would've preferred they put soccer in the T&F stadium if it'd fit, then put in temporary soccer lines in the big stadium if needed. But waddya gonna do?

Only the lines that are outside the football field of play will be stitched into the field turf - all other soccer lines will be painted on as needed before a soccer match and be removed afterwards.

Only the lines that are outside the football field of play will be stitched into the field turf - all other soccer lines will be painted on as needed before a soccer match and be removed afterwards.

That's good. And I don't know why I didn't think of it, but Fallon Field is a more appropriate size for most soccer crowds anyway, and is used in a different season.