UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Aronhalt Leaving UA

Not saying this is happening here.....but saying you are transferring to get a masters that your schools doesn't offer is a common story to avoid sitting out a year.

Its a loophole in the transfer rules, not always a true academically driven move.

NCAA rules state that Grad students don't need to sit for any reason. They are immediately eligible...even if he came out and said he just wants to be close to home. Heck, he could have said...I hate it UAlbany, I just want to leave, as a grad student he is immediately eligible to play.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying this is happening here.....but saying you are transferring to get a masters that your schools doesn't offer is a common story to avoid sitting out a year.

Its a loophole in the transfer rules, not always a true academically driven move.

NCAA rules state that Grad students don't need to sit for any reason. They are immediately eligible...even if he came out and said he just wants to be close to home. Heck, he could have said...I hate it UAlbany, I just want to leave, as a grad student he is immediately eligible to play.

Are the rules different for basketball? In football you need to be enrolled in a grad school program not offered at your the school you are transferring from.

Are the rules different for basketball? In football you need to be enrolled in a grad school program not offered at your the school you are transferring from.

I'll try and look it up...maybe my understanding is way off...

Apparently the rule recently changed...it used to be the school you are going to has to have a degree you can't obtain at your current school. The new rule is if you are a Grad student you can leave if the school releases you with no penalty of sitting out even if both schools have the same or comparable degree. Not sure if the rule was changed for football or not but I suspect yes.

CoachWils Just recieved a big time fax.. Great day to be a Great Dane!

Sounds like a NLOI signed or something...

"big time fax"....... trying to stir up some excitement after losing the two best players... :unsure::D

Or it was an ad for a huge discount on a caribbean cruise

Patience--Our defense will better and if we can add a big and a scorer we will be fine. As far as coach Brown, I think he grew as a bench coach when Logan went down at the end of the season and "G" had his shingles problem. He used the remaining players well.

Heard today that Logan was found, within the last couple of days, to have some other physical problems so that he may not be able to run until November.

Also, we were talking to DJ Evans' roommate, a 6'8" forward, but the guy had a visit to Georgetown this week so we're not too hopeful.

Heard today that Logan was found, within the last couple of days, to have some other physical problems so that he may not be able to run until November.

Also, we were talking to DJ Evans' roommate, a 6'8" forward, but the guy had a visit to Georgetown this week so we're not too hopeful.

I've heard the same regarding Logan, there appear to be complication related to the surgery. Not sure how effective he would have been or if he would have played at all next season.

Pretty sure that was DJ Evans LOI getting sent in.

I'm not sure how much you can tell about someone via twitter but between the picture of Evans in front of the Great Danes statue and his mom sending in his LOI, I like him already.

CoachWils Just recieved a big time fax.. Great day to be a Great Dane!

Sounds like a NLOI signed or something...

"big time fax"....... trying to stir up some excitement after losing the two best players... :unsure::D

I think twitter solved the fax tweet.

http://instagr.am/p/J0F0sbte4X/

so who is the player?

DJ Evans tweeted that photo.

Archived