UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Aronhalt Leaving UA

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that makes 2 scholarships available for this coming season. In my desperate attempt to find some sort of positive here..I guess it means there won't be an absolute cliff after the 12-13 season. Creates plenty of opportunities for players to step-up this year.

Possible starting line-up:

PG - Black

SG - Gibson? Hooley? Iati?

SF - Guerrier?

PF - Devlin

C - Metcalf/Puk

Edited by Phoenix

I guess that makes 2 scholarships available for this coming season. In my desperate attempt to find some sort of positive here..I guess it means there won't be an absolute cliff after the 12-13 season. Creates plenty of opportunities for players to step-up this year.

PG - Black

SF - Guerrier?

PF - Devlin

C - Metcalf/Puk

And opportunities for us to watch guys play a lot of minutes that should be role players.

PG - Black

SF - Guerrier?

PF - Devlin

C - Metcalf/Puk

This will make it easier for me to advocate for Guerrier to start next year.

Lost in the disappointment is the fact that you don't see many college basketball players making decisions based on academics over athletics. As much as I want him to come back next year, it's a credit to Aronhalt. He represented the school well during the time he's been here and I don't think he owes us anything. The best of luck to him wherever he ends up. I'm sorry he didn't get the senior night send off Iati did (who IS coming back.)

PG - Black

SF - Guerrier?

PF - Devlin

C - Metcalf/Puk

There will be three available scholarships...one has already been filled...two more are outstanding.

Lost in the disappointment is the fact that you don't see many college basketball players making decisions based on academics over athletics. As much as I want him to come back next year, it's a credit to Aronhalt. He represented the school well during the time he's been here and I don't think he owes us anything. The best of luck to him wherever he ends up. I'm sorry he didn't get the senior night send off Iati did (who IS coming back.)

Pounder, well said. All the best to Aronhalt in his future.

With Aronhalt healthy this season, we could have won the conference. A 100% Logan could have pushed us over the top.

Well the two reasons we couldn't play man are gone so maybe we'll get back to the D which was our identity when we were good.

I have a feeling a lot of minutes will be won by those who prove they will defend.

Just give Guerrier 32 min a night at the 3 (not the 4) and you'll get a 2nd or 3rd team all conf performance

Well the two reasons we couldn't play man are gone so maybe we'll get back to the D which was our identity when we were good.

I have a feeling a lot of minutes will be won by those who prove they will defend.

Just give Guerrier 32 min a night at the 3 (not the 4) and you'll get a 2nd or 3rd team all conf performance

I agree with this. He showed me a lot during his somewhat limited minutes. He definitely looks more like a 3 than a 4. Our good defensive efforts all came without logan and G in the lineup.

I've gone back and forth between Not Disaster and disaster. "Not" when I thought just Suero was leaving, and jumping on the doom wagon when I learned Logan was also gone. After a sleepless night (not really) , I am flip flopping again. Being an optimist by nature and a UA athletic supporter (no jokes please) for generations, I simply have to believe we will overcome this set back. The players coming back WILL be healthy and rise to the occasion. The coaching staff WILL scour the country for a couple pieces to compliment the returnees. And the coaches and players WILL come up with a new game plan and we WILL be as successful or more so than before the departures. Beside the season is just too far away to be thinking doom and gloom. Pre-season is about "hope springs eternal". Pretty sappy but there it is.

ps Congratulations to Logan on a gutsy and CORRECT choice. I've already said twice that Suero made a bad one, but good luck to him anyhow.

I keep thinking back to our inability to beat any of the top teams...our defense was a mess. That's not a recipe for winning a 'ship...we could score in the 80's and still couldn't beat any teams over .500.

We have two scholarships left this year plus the one taken earlier this week by the kid on a visit. If they can bring in the right pieces we may be a more balanced team.

Logan was great player for us and he'll be missed...the kid was often injured, serious injuries but no one could ever question his determination and natural talent. To bad he never really got to have a healthy season. He made the correct choice, we all wish him nothing but the best.

Suero while here was a lot of fun to watch but was also extremely frustrating at times to watch. While I don't have the same emotional attachment to him as I did to Logan who we saw for many years here, he was by all accounts a great guy as well. It's not for me to sit here and say his choice was the right choice or wrong choice, I hope it works out for him.

Edited by Clickclack

PG - Black

SF - Guerrier?

PF - Devlin

C - Metcalf/Puk

For those that watched the team last year and tried to see a bit past the flash...to me Black was and is the best player at UA. He made others better, could score, pass and play defense. This will UNDOUBTEDLY be his team this year. He'll need help, lots of it but he's a steady and STRONG first option.

Well said DP especially the part I bolded.

Going to the NCAA's is nice, but it should not be at the expense of education. Other area schools obviously disagree with that, but even their players will say that is why UA is UA and LCC is LCC. :rolleyes:

Not saying this is happening here.....but saying you are transferring to get a masters that your schools doesn't offer is a common story to avoid sitting out a year.

Its a loophole in the transfer rules, not always a true academically driven move.

Edited by danefan