UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Watts no more a Dane?

*sigh*.... :(

Another half a team gone...

I'm not surprised at Watts at all.. I kind of assumed as much. I was more surprised by Logan leaving.

Just tired is all of every season half the team turning over...a number of the kids not graduating.

Edited by Clickclack

*sigh*.... :(

Another half a team gone...

I'm not surprised at Watts at all.. I kind of assumed as much. I was more surprised by Logan leaving.

Just tired is all of every season half the team turning over...a number of the kids not graduating.

They may not be graduating from UA but at least with Logan and maybe Watts (as we don't know) they'll be a other colleges and will hopefully finish out their degrees.

Watts was a redshirt right.. so what would his options be going into this year as a Junior?

Logan graduated..he's going to Maryland for graduate school. And I wonder how close Watts was/is..since he red-shirted his first year..so 3 years + summer classes..gotta be pretty close.

And that's Suero, Aronhalt and Watts leaving..correct? Math was never my strong subject..but 3 out of 13 or 14 isn't anywhere near 'half.'

Why can't we all just admit that having consistency/cohesion problems sucks?

It's great that many of these kids will be getting their degrees, but I would prefer if UA would get more wins.

I'm not 100% sure that having Watts on our team over a new kid would have produce more wins, just my opinion.

Consistency and cohesion are different. Yes if he stayed it would be consistent but I don't know how much he helped the cohesion of the team.

Logan now.. he's a different story, I agree I wish he would have stayed here.

Edited by MsGDG

Yep, they are different things, but seems like our programs suffer from both.

Nice to hear from the HAGster.

Let's get some kids here that will help get the wins AND stay with the program throughout their education.

Edited by uofalbany

Sorry to see that he's left if it's true. I liked him the couple times I met him.

On the court it's probably not a huge shock. His playing time went in the wrong direction last year. Suero and Guerrier ate up a lot of minutes he might have played. Really at the end of the season when both Suero and Logan were out with injuries it was JI that got the starts and the minutes.

Logan graduated..he's going to Maryland for graduate school. And I wonder how close Watts was/is..since he red-shirted his first year..so 3 years + summer classes..gotta be pretty close.

And that's Suero, Aronhalt and Watts leaving..correct? Math was never my strong subject..but 3 out of 13 or 14 isn't anywhere near 'half.'

I don't want to speak for click, but I wonder if he may have been going a little different direction. Trust me, I don't have the numbers, but how many kids that have entered the program in the last six years have finished w/ the program? And I wonder how this compares to other programs. We see these transfers and react. It sure seems like a lot of the incoming players don't' make it through the end (graduation or eligibility). Maybe an easier way to evaluate is to ask who should be seniors this year that are here vs. not here and the same for juniors?

Edited by McFan

I don't want to speak for click, but I wonder if he may have been going a little different direction. Trust me, I don't have the numbers, but how many kids that have entered the program in the last six years have finished w/ the program? And I wonder how this compares to other programs. We see these transfers and react. It sure seems like a lot of the incoming players don't' make it through the end (graduation or eligibility). Maybe an easier way to evaluate is to ask who should be seniors this year that are here vs. not here and the same for juniors?

Precisely...I'm just disappointed that so many kids come into the program and for whatever reason leave with eligibility still on the table. There is an NCAA wide epidemic, I get that...

Gotcha. Well I imagine it's probably less than what's assumed (if the assumption is half)..and I doubt we're much different than other teams around the country.

I would disagree with this being an "NCAA..epidemic." We're focusing on bassketball team student-athletes transfering..but the fact is that college students (non-athlete) transfer all the time..for a wide variety of reasons. UAlbany brings in more than a thousand transfer students each year..and I'm sure a similar number transfers out as well. It's a part of being a young adult..and spending thousands of dollars on your future.

Edited by Phoenix

I agree with Phoenix that the number of athletes that transfer each year is far below the number of regular student transfers; and I would suspect the number of athlete transfers by conference has little or no appreciable differences. It seems we have been kicking this topic (the number of transfer out of UA basketball) around for years. But I got a feeling we are no worse than anyone else {I have no facts to prove this} and that it will be an issue for all schools ongoing [and will certainly spike at times of conference alignments and schools adding/subtracting sports and schools adding/subtracting athletic expenditures.]

That being said, is Watts gone or not? To where and why? And Why no comment from the athletic department????????????

Also, who is the BIG 2013? If signed why no comment or announcement????????

Edited by dslyank