UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although every game we play we want to win, this isn't a must win game in terms of conference championship.

Bryant is already 0-3 in conference play. If hell froze over, and we lost this game, and then win out the rest of the

way, the championship is still ours.

From a coaching standpoint, is there any difference in the way they approach this game?

With a bye week coming up after St Francis, which in my opinion, comes at very good time in the schedule/season, resting players won't be an issue.

Edited by uofalbany

Although every game we play we want to win, this isn't a must win game in terms of conference championship.

Bryant is already 0-3 in conference play. If hell froze over, and we lost this game, and then win out the rest of the

way, the championship is still ours.

From a coaching standpoint, is there any difference in the way they approach this game?

With a bye week coming up after St Francis, which in my opinion, comes at very good time in the schedule/season, resting players won't be an issue.

In theory you are correct, but the problem is you do not want to lose to an 0-5 team. Who knows what the fall out could be should you ease up?? They should look to get out to a commanding lead in the 3rd qtr and get the back ups some game experience and rest the number one's.

If I am the head coach I am actually driving them hard these last 6 games.

I wouldn't expect there to be any difference in approach. In every sport I've played, I never went into a game half throttle.

Go with the intention to inflict pain, lots of it. If there's opportunity to rest starters later, then we do.

Trying to get a little chit chat going about Saturday.

Edited by uofalbany

That fumble was rough. Have to protect the ball. I absolutely love the fact that I am watching this game on TV on FCS Atlantic!

Me too. Not fighting online feeds and HDMI cables.

Dont forget to pop your head over to NBC Sports at 1pm to see the CAA broadcast. That'll give you something to get excited about.

Wait why is it at the 1yrd line if he ran into the endzone?

It's the spot where he controls the ball in college. NFL would've been a touchback.

Hmm didn't know that, thanks! But if the Danes had caught it in the endzone and took a knee it'd go to the 20 right?