UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2013 Men's Lacrosse

Tough loss to watch, especially since Lyle didn't et the record as well.

I don't know much about lacrosse, but it seemed to me that they were pressing too much on offense and didn't move the ball. Lyle got very limited touches in the second half.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss to watch, especially since Lyle didn't et the record as well.

I don't know much about lacrosse, but it seemed to me that they were pressing too much on offense and didn't move the ball. Lyle got very limited touches in the second half.

Yep. Too disappointed to bother writing about it.

I didn't like the draw since hearing we were playing Denver, and IN Denver. One of the FEW teams I didn't want us to face.

There's a reason that program has become tops in the country.

Tierney. http://denverpioneerslacrosse.com/page30/page32/page32.html

Only saw the second half (will watch the dvr another time when less bummed). I also thought Denver was a bad draw. They [and perhaps Cornell] were the only team that could out score us. Other teams may have defended us but in my opinion only Denver could out score us. Albany did look fatigued and in spite of what Marr said prior, I think the altitude was a factor. I've been to the Rockies and you do not even notice it, but the fatigue creeps up on you.

Awesome season and I hate to dwell on the bad, but I still feel if we had not lost to $hit school we get a home game or at least a better seed than Denver. Congratulations to the players and staff and next year UA's first ncaa team championship a real possibility.

My gosh, what a wonderful video, and now that we can see and hear from them directly (and hear a lot, too!), it makes me more proud of them and the team. I don't think any other D-1 lacrosse players could quite express themselves the way that the Thompsons can in talking about what the game means to them, and the rez, and to their heritage/culture -- well, maybe other Native American players if they feel the same way, but there wouldn't be 3 such good players on the same team, would there? . . .the "medicine game," playing for the Creator, etc. It was also nice to see to see the practices at a really good lacrosse stadium (hint, hint future recruits). I didn't know about this NCAA On Campus feature, but I like it and will look for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I would have prefered Lyle won it, but ..

It is not a bad thing to be a finalist as a sophmore and post season counts for the award.

I would like the the team and Thompson to come back put up solid numbers agian next year and advance in the NCAA

"... the team and Thompson to come back put up solid numbers again ..."

Do you mean "come back" in the sense of "rebound," "come back from falling short, etc.", or do you mean in the sense of "return to UA"?

In the sense of falling short. This season is over and looking to improve next season. I think they have the potential to win( a game) in the Ncaa's next season. Perhaps get to memorial day weekend. I would hope and expect the team goals for next season include getting to the ncaas and winning while there. Obviously not an easy goal, but I would think any player "putting up numbers" is going to be putting them up trying to help his team.