UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagner is not technically incorrect in saying that.

There is a new rule this year that allows for non-counter teams to count for bowl eligibility, but only if a number of factors are met related to the number of FBS teams with .500 or better records ready for bowl placement.

BTW - i understand that our Cincy game got cancelled for this same reason - miscommunication on counter status.

Somehow Wagner has gamed the NEc rules and sits at 61 scholarships of one sort or another.

Jim Gibbons, Wagner’s assistant athletic director for academics and compliance, confirmed his school is able to grant any aid — but not federal aid— to a football player and have it count toward the 57 requirement.

Gibbons said Wagner currently sits at 61 scholarships.

Somebody at Wagner figured something out.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2013/02/28/wagner-scholarship-flexibility-reason-syracuse?blog=2

My question is what the hell were they doing with all those rides for every year except last year.

Edited by danefan

I understand the Duquesne game was the catalyse of needing to be on the road the first two weeks to build cushion for last minute stadium issues.

I'm glad we're at least playing someone we can beat on the road in both of those games.

My early prediction:

2013 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

W- Aug. 31 @ Duquesne

W - Sept. 7 @ Colgate

W - Sept. 14 vs. Rhode Island* (Fireworks by SEFCU)

W - Sept. 21 vs. CCSU (Hall of Fame Game)

L - Sept. 28 @ Old Dominion

L - Oct. 5 @ James Madison*

W - Oct. 12 @ Delaware*

W - Oct. 19 vs. Towson* (Homecoming)

Oct. 26 BYE

L - Nov. 2 @ Richmond*

W - Nov. 9 vs. Maine*

L - Nov. 16 vs. UNH*

L - Nov. 23 @ Stony Brook*

7-5.

The game at Stony Brook will determine our playoff fate. Win and get to 8 wins and at-large. Lose and stay home.

Will October 19 definitely be the homecoming game and homecoming weekend (and not September 21)? I always like the 5K race that the school puts on Saturday morning of homecoming prior to the football game.

Yes. Done deal. Sept. 21 is the Hall of Fame game. Oct. 21st is homecoming.

Will October 19 definitely be the homecoming game and homecoming weekend (and not September 21)? I always like the 5K race that the school puts on Saturday morning of homecoming prior to the football game.

Yes. Done deal. Sept. 21 is the Hall of Fame game. Oct. 21st is homecoming.

Its Oct 19th, but yes that is homecoming.

• 4 weeks later...