UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA - NCAA bound...WE ARE CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAlbany for the first time in the area, the region, the entire SUNY system is sending both the Men's and Women's basketball teams to the NCAA post season tournament and the coverage by the "little brother" of the defunct Knickerbocker News is less than what should be expected. To print an article that was based on some blog innuendo should show the entire region what the "journalistic professionalism" is of some of their columnists. Amazing that the blurb is then put on their "College Sports" blog only to spur on the lost souls of the other little school. I thought Mark S. would have written six articles by now on that blog relating to their basketball banquet that is coming up for them to comment on and to keep them "happy" (where they can argue over the color scheme, seating arrangements, and other pertinent items in their world now that their ONLY sport is done) .

Best local coverage is by Andrew S. at The Troy Record. He's got articles, blog comments, video, and pics of the UAlbany team leaving today on his Twitter account.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS and continued success to the "Spring" teams like Men's and Women's Outdoor Track and Field (coming off one of the most productive Indoor seasons ever) and Lacrosse (where the Men are ranked and the Women not far behind)..oops, almost forgot...and softball (doing real well over the last 14 games ...12-2).

Dr Jones is great. I think we have our answer as to whether or not the new president is pro athletics.

http://www.timesunio...ins-4370664.php

Dr. Jones was awesome at Vermont, came down to the court to celebrate and chanted "ua ua ua ua uaaaaaaa" with all of us. Was pretty cool.

I agree--he was on the court celebrating before I could get on the court! He's awesome.

IMO, Iorizzo rehashes all the negatives that he stated in his Jan. 27 article and then puts a spin on the pessimistic, dim facts about the UAlbany team as what he says now...and people believe that he is "buying in" on the UAlbany team and coaches?

Why not state that all the quotes in the Jan. 27 article made by the UAlbany players and, most of all, Coach Brown ("It's a dumb question!") were truths then and proven to be truths for the team as it continued its play through the conference tournament.

To me, it's a little too much of a "tongue in cheek" article.

Pete may be "choking on crow" but I sure would like to show him how to "ride (that) unicorn to Philadelphia"...and he won't need a saddle.