UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA - NCAA bound...WE ARE CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunardi says 16 seed in the First Four against Liberty for the right to play Indiana. Kind of frustrating though, since Albany's RPI is at least 40 spots higher than any of his other 16 seeds, and also higher than 1 of his 15 seeds. Keep in mind that Liberty and Morgan St. are absolute locks for the First Four, so that leaves the committee to rank Albany, James Madison, Southern, LIU Brooklyn, and maybe Western Kentucky. I would hope we might rank above Southern and LIU.

Not to be "that guy," but RPI is kind of becoming an extinct metric for evaluating how worthy a team is of being in a certain slot (or in the tournament at all). It only measures our win percentage, our opponents' win percentage, and our opponents opponents' win percentage. That means that South Carolina State's existence factors into our RPI, along with the reprehensibly bad teams in South Carolina State's conference affect where we stand, along with other teams that have no bearing on where we are as a team. The fifth place finish will unfortunately loom much larger, although I'm hoping I'm wrong and we end up a 15.

We have a better RPI 128, more wins (24) and more wins against 100 RPI teams (2-4), (4-6) for top 150, and good road record 11-5. I'm sure our knock is that we were 4th seeded in our conf, but we had three teams with 20+ wins in our conf. I'd hope that will get us a solid 15 or at least a solid 16 and no play in.

LIU has been there for the past few years, so that might get them an undeserved knock up in ranking and Western Kentucky is a name people have heard.. I sure hope that doesn't give them a better seeding but that's all I can think of with Lunardi's rankings thus far.

Some other predictions have us 15 in Philly against Georgetown.. let's hope that's more accurate.

Edited by MsGDG