UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown

Hopefully the men's team strikes gold and our season continues past Friday. But if it doesn't..it'll be interesting to see what..if anything..happens in the off-season with Coach Brown.

If I remember correctly..I believe he's signed through next year..after agreeing to a two-year extension towards the end of last season? If so..I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered something like another three of four years..which would bring him through 2016-17 or 2017-18. Personally..given the success athletically and academically..I would be comfortable with that.

Perhaps related..I wonder if he'll get interest from other programs..whether serious or just cursory. Some places have mentioned him as a potential target for Siena. While I think..and seriously hope..that's unlikely..I wonder about places like Buffalo, Ball State, Old Dominion, Drake, etc. I don't know enough about this type of process to know how..or if..that might come into play. Nor do I have any idea if Coach Brown has any immediate desire to 'move-up.' Just interested in what everyone's thoughts are.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would like to keep ahold of him. This is our third NCAA appearance in 8 years. That's not a bad record.

As far as attention from other colleges, his attention will depend on UAlbany's game with Duke. If we're destroyed I don't think he'll get much additional attention. If we pull off the miracle then I do think he'll be targeted.

I like the stability and success we had and I hate to lose him.

I absolutely think he will get attention from programs a notch above but I am hoping UA does the right thing and gives him a nice extension for 4+ years. I think Coach Brown and the staff now understand some of the mistakes they made in recruiting after the first NCAA trips.

I generally don't think too much about this kind of stuff.

CB has taken our program places none of our peer SUNY programs have been without cheating. There are not many hoop programs that have three NCAA tourney appearances in their first 13 years of D1 existence.

My hope for Coach Brown is the same for Scott Marr. They don't have to leave to move up because our program is moving up, one way or the other.

My hope for Coach Brown is the same for Scott Marr. They don't have to leave to move up because our program is moving up, one way or the other.

This. With Football moving up/new stadium, the Nano facility bringing in it's own variety of smart people, businesses, school recognition, and both basketball programs (as well as track and lacrosse) doing great...UAlbany is on the upswing. Pretty soon, having that name on your resume is going to be a pretty good thing.

Does anyone actually think the MAAC is a step up for Brown?

What are the salaries like?

It's not...Siena fans are delusional. Siena perhaps is a step up only for the mens basketball job because of the following but the rest of the MAAC is garbage. They are closer to the NEC then they think and as leagues under them build up facilities etc. they are going to start running into serious head-winds on the recruiting trail. They lost Loyola and added two NEC schools, if they lose Siena, lights out.

Does anyone actually think the MAAC is a step up for Brown?

What are the salaries like?

Just last year a coach moved from a mid pack maac team to the worst AE team.

That should show the relative strength of the lowly maac.

Obviously LCC has more money to pay their coach partly because we continue to subsidize their program by giving them an annual game to take the garbage bags off the seats.