UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

Sometimes kids make irrational knee jerk decisions. Your buddy/acquaintance leaves the program and you spazz out for a second or two. Seems like CB remained in constant contact with him - shows their level of persuasion and also that they would really want the kid I would assume.

I don't believe it had anything to do with Baker to be honest.

So who is paying their own way next year? Cremo? By my count UA is (-1) scholarship if they are allowed to have 12, and I see 14 players.

Sr

Peter Hooley (1)

Evan Singletary (2)

Ray Sanders (3)

Reese Williams (walk-on)

Jr

Richard Peters (4)

Tre Green (5)

Dallas Ennema (6)

Mike Rowley (7)

DaShawn Robinson (8)

Chas Brown (9)

Travis Charles (10)

So

Greg Stire (11)

Fr

Joe Cremo (12)

Kyle McKinley (13)

So either I am wrong and UA can have more than 12, someone will pay their own way, someone else is leaving, or I am missing something.

EDIT: I must be the one who is wrong. I see now that it looks like 13 are able to be given according to http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

Dont know why I always thought it was 12.

Edited by godanesgo99

So who is paying their own way next year? Cremo? By my count UA is (-1) scholarship if they are allowed to have 12, and I see 14 players.

Sr

Peter Hooley (1)

Evan Singletary (2)

Ray Sanders (3)

Reese Williams (walk-on)

Jr

Richard Peters (4)

Tre Green (5)

Dallas Ennema (6)

Mike Rowley (7)

DaShawn Robinson (8)

Chas Brown (9)

Travis Charles (10)

So

Greg Stire (11)

Fr

Joe Cremo (12)

Kyle McKinley (13)

So either I am wrong and UA can have more than 12, someone will pay their own way, someone else is leaving, or I am missing something.

EDIT: I must be the one who is wrong. I see now that it looks like 13 are able to be given according to http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

Dont know why I always thought it was 12.

Yeah, it's always been 13...

Looks like another hard year of Will Brown trying to get everyone the playing time they deserve. I know it's a good problem to have, but the roster looks stacked from Sr. to Fr.

If I'm critiquing the roster, my only concern is that we have 3 players (Stire, Cremo, McKinley) who have the potential to be 4 year players as of now. 3 out of 14?

In fairness, it's probably harder to get recruits knowing that PT will be minimal to zero for the next year or two.

If I'm critiquing the roster, my only concern is that we have 3 players (Stire, Cremo, McKinley) who have the potential to be 4 year players as of now. 3 out of 14?- justdrastik1

If your counting all 14 you better add Peter, Mike R., Dallas & Reece that gives you 7 of 14 (not 3) potential 4 year players.

What is the main objective at the DI level? What do you want UA to do?

As of this year between Fr. and So. Class, we will have 3 guys who can "go the distance". If history is any indicator, our best success has come with 4 year guys at the core, surrounded by JUCO pieces we plug in as necessary. Many of which have been big contributors.

The main objective is to win obviously. Our winning formula has not been to be stacked with JUCOs and 2 year players. When we went that route, it bit us in the butt. In the AE, I believe a veteran team and solid core is far more valuable than in other conferences even.