UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit, many brain farts out on that field on Saturday. That punt fumble was a doozy

I'm sure some of it was nerves...pressure from a historic crowd. Our present talent level doesn't give us much leeway...pile on the expectations and pressure and well...that's how it goes. We could have lost by 50 and I would still have been in complete awe...still can't believe that's our stadium. Like, no one is going to wheel it away or take it away...lol

Have to admit, many brain farts out on that field on Saturday. That punt fumble was a doozy

I'm sure some of it was nerves...pressure from a historic crowd. Our present talent level doesn't give us much leeway...pile on the expectations and pressure and well...that's how it goes. We could have lost by 50 and I would still have been in complete awe...still can't believe that's our stadium. Like, no one is going to wheel it away or take it away...lol

Hopefully no one pulls a Despicable Me and steals it like they stole the moon.

Minion-Meme.png

Yep, I keep on going back to those facts.... the pressure and nerves must have been huge, for players and coaches. BTW, I love MEEKS. I do have 1 question though, has he ever thrown the ball? :wacko: The kid's got speed

I think Dane Pound said it earlier, but i know I felt like it was an away game. I'm sure the kids did too and they certainly played like it.

I look back at the Colgate game and see what we have. Tons of young talent. Lets grow every week. 2-2 is the goal now. Get a win against Central and put our big boy pants on for the 5 weeks of big time football. ODU, Delaware, JMU, Towson, Richmond.............................

Wow

That jump throw...I've never seen anything like it. I've seen the shove pass or whatever, but not a jump throw.

For you, Ilko: http://davegladow.co...otball-is-good/

Try to watch it without crying.

Nice! The last one with Daniel Thomas was textbook (if there is such a thing). It literally looks like he's trying to do a tear drop in the paint (basketball).

You don't remember his sweet jump throw on third and long?

It was actually on fourth and two.

I haven't seen the replay yet, so what was that clusterf*ck just before that? Did Omar make the first down (I thought I saw the ref signal it) but they didn't change the down marker, so we hurried another dive play to make it, but it was really first down already so we ended up with second and nine? Did we think we had to catch URI flatfooted so we didn't take the time to ask what down it was or if the chains weren't right?

It was actually on fourth and two.

I haven't seen the replay yet, so what was that clusterf*ck just before that? Did Omar make the first down (I thought I saw the ref signal it) but they didn't change the down marker, so we hurried another dive play to make it, but it was really first down already so we ended up with second and nine? Did we think we had to catch URI flatfooted so we didn't take the time to ask what down it was or if the chains weren't right?

Your accuracy is always dependable.

Yeah, I thought we quick-snapped to avoid a measurement, but then after a play was run after fourth down, it read as first down on the visitor's side.

Maybe it was another timing issue with changing the down (like cutting away from the replay right before it was going to start), but one would think that the job of the officials should not change that much.