UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the most disappointing 4-game stretch since I've been around UA football.

I'm seriously concerned about how bad we will lose at homecoming.

Towson could beat us by 70 if they wanted.

Couldn't agree with you more danefan. I've been watching UA football since its inception and can't recall a more disappointing team than this one. Besides a horrendous season, I worry about the impact such a record may have on future recruiting. It is painful to watch this team.

One word: COACHING.

The offense has NEVER been super exciting under McCarthy. Drew Christ is completely out of his element in my opinion. Sure, you are replacing a ton at the LB slot, but....

I fully agree with these three quotes. They sum up very well the state of UA football at this point. I am not encouraged this coaching staff can turn this team around. I am not sure if we can win another game; but I am hoping we can at least improve enough so the loses are respectable???

I think our running game is pretty good. I would run the ball until someone stops us. Too many times we throw on 2nd and 5. I know you have to throw some when there's 9 or 10 in the box, but we abandon the run way too soon IMO. I'd rather throw on 3rd and 2-3 than 5-6, which happens when we throw on 2nd down. I can't remember any negative plays from the running backs. I don't think we ran enough in all the losses.

T-U says Kyle had surgery for compartment syndrome - a limb- and life-threatening loss of blood supply caused by internal pressure from an injury.

Reported at the end of a story about the undefeated 1974 team which enters the Hall of Fame tonight

Ford taking time to recall as special year

GDG snagged these two this week when he saw them come up on Ebay. Kinda neat.

BUzwVXcCYAANmO5.jpg

You said it, depressing. This season is a big ugly disappointment. How ugly is it going to get?

What's the best chance in the remaining schedule for a win?

UA66 touched upon recruiting... a horrible season will not help recruiting. With coach Ford gone

after this season, we don't have his lure to draw in kids.

As for coaching, I didn't support hiring McCarthy before this season's current record, and certainly don't now. If

they've already made the decision to look outside for the next head coach, how much effort do we think has been made

in the search process by this point?

Glad we don't play sbu home this season, cause I don't want to be crushed by those fools in our new mini stadium.

I have tried to stay silent on this but I can't. Like mother used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say then shut the hell up" But this last loss is just awful. CCSU, Rhode Island and Duquesne ARE SO FU#@ BAD!!!! The stadium and "new blood" is the only thing that is going to save recruiting in the offseason. The kicking game has cost us both the CCSU and the Rhode Island game. The O-line is just piss poor this kid gets sacked most times he drops back and they aren't moving anyone off the ball with the exception of the Colgate game. Defense was decent and I believe will be better going forward but need to improve. Play calling I wont even bother. This team just plain & simple are not prepared to platy thus far this season. we are lucky to be 1-3 and could easily be 0-4. Like Danefan said, the team is bad, what are the coaches going to do about it? McElroy had better be combing the land for a young Bob Ford right now. Recruiting will no longer be a problem! FIX IT!!!!!

You said it, depressing. This season is a big ugly disappointment. How ugly is it going to get?

What's the best chance in the remaining schedule for a win?

UA66 touched upon recruiting... a horrible season will not help recruiting. With coach Ford gone

after this season, we don't have his lure to draw in kids.

As for coaching, I didn't support hiring McCarthy before this season's current record, and certainly don't now. If

they've already made the decision to look outside for the next head coach, how much effort do we think has been made

in the search process by this point?

Glad we don't play sbu home this season, cause I don't want to be crushed by those fools in our new mini stadium.

I don't get the recruiting angle...we have a shiny new facility...will have a new coach (hopefully one with some pedigree/history of success). This is going to do NOTHING to hurt recruiting...in fact they can point to playing time and say listen, we sucked, our current players suck...you come in you'll be out there. They just moved to a much better conference with significantly more exposure...

NOT FOLLOWING THE THIS WILL KILL RECRUITING angle...

I didn't say it was going to 'hurt' or 'kill' recruiting. I said it 'will not help'.

A sparkling new facility and being in the CAA will be the factors that pull us through.

A new coach and staff and it's immediate impact is yet to be determined.

A nearly winless record won't help the cause, even if only short term.

Glad to see clack isn't being pessimistic.