UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Expectations for 2013-14

Wins  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yo don't have to make a decision for another month or two... I thought he really played well in the scrimmage... Clearly pretty talented.

Not saying him and Mike Rowley aren't but there is a logjam at some of these positions and might make sense to redshirt. No one jump on me. I am not saying they SHOULD do that. Coach and his staff know best. I'm just looking at options.

I also think red shirt might be a possibility. But I have three fears: As injuries start to pile up (it is a long season Nov-late March hopefully); And if the new officiating really generates a record# (a backwards tweet?) of fouls; are two strong reasons to keep as many as possible active. Also, we seem to lose a lot of our red shirt kids over the years; and playing them even for garbage minutes seems to keep them more involved/hopeful/believing, as well as gives them some game experience [which can not be got anyway else]. So I trust in the staff to wait as long as possible and to evaluate strongly the pro's and con's of red shirting.

Edited by dslyank

• 3 weeks later...

Our projected OOC SOS 5 games in is 69...the only AE team with a tougher OOC is UVM at 50...didn't realize it was that tough a sched...

SBU is 250...Hartford 290...UNH 247...

It'll be interesting to see where the SOS ends up but you're right, I didn't think it was that tough of a schedule when it came out. Our OOC opponents have a combined record of 43-29 right now and Colgate (Colgate?) knocked off Tulane last night.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Home run. Plain and simple. This season (and last) HAVE to add up to some good recruits...along with our FB program improving...FB will bring in better recruits for all sports as it will elevate our schools recognition (along with the BB mens and womens tourney appearances).

Resound success... A... This coming from the guy toting around a gas can and matches all season.

This will sound like criticism and I don't mean it to be but a pig is a first nice step but I'd like to win a round of 64 game. I'd also love to see this pay of on the recruiting trail. Last time we went back to back we squandered that opportunity. Again, not lighting myself on fire just saying.

Edited by Clickclack

I want the staff to keep doing what they've been doing on the recruiting trail the past few years. Coach Brown acknowledges that he tried to get better athletes after the '06 & '07 run..went away from what had been successful.

What I do hope is the success and attention over the past couple weeks will be enough to convince a big man or two that the team is targeting to sign next month. That will be very important for next season.

I want the staff to keep doing what they've been doing on the recruiting trail the past few years. Coach Brown acknowledges that he tried to get better athletes after the '06 & '07 run..went away from what had been successful.

What I do hope is the success and attention over the past couple weeks will be enough to convince a big man or two that the team is targeting to sign next month. That will be very important for next season.

Same type of player just maybe a bit more skilled or athletic was what I was going for.

Looking around the rest of the conference coming into this year and saw

-Vermont returned all five starters this year.

-SBU returned four starters including their backcourt

-Hartford returned five starters

Albany graduated our starting backcourt from an NCAA tourney team. Then we went out and became an NCAA tournament team again. That is pretty amazing.

Looking around the rest of the conference coming into this year and saw

-Vermont returned all five starters this year.

-SBU returned four starters including their backcourt

-Hartford returned five starters

Albany graduated our starting backcourt from an NCAA tourney team. Then we went out and became an NCAA tournament team again. That is pretty amazing.

And got an NCAA win... Pig or not...