UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209300707&DB_OEM_ID=15800

Maine is good. Very good. This isn't the same Maine team as last year. They have solid play all the way around. Their only loss is a to played game against Northwestern.

Stony Brook played them tough last week so there's always a chance. I'm hoping our guys step up this weekend. At some point perhaps we'll see Smith under center?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maine is a perfect example of how fast a team in the CAA can be turned around. They were pretty bad the last few years.

Maine this season is a tall order and New Hampshire may be out of reach but SBU is beatable. We pissed away 3 games that should of been W's so if we finish 1-11 that should be all the motivation this team needs to kick the sh%t out of teams we are supposed to. To lose at home to CCSU is a disgrace! If they dont lay 45 points on Duquesne, CCSU, Colgate and Rhode Island next season then they have no heart!

A HC needs to be named immediatly and let the recruiting (JUCO & FBS transfers) begin!!! The new coaching staff should put this years record up in big bold red numerals everywhere football players go...weight room, stadium, lockerroom etc. This season has been dreadful and I didnt expect this. Ford has built a winner and has spoiled us. We arent CCSU or Rhode Island! We are Albany and we win.

This is no way to send out one of college footballs greatest coaches! Everyone is responsible players, coaches, and fans.

UNACCEPTABLE!!! It better get better in 2014.

Or my time and financial donations cease. How is that for an answer Patch? By the way I am not the only one that feels that way.

Really, one down season on limited scholarships and this is the response? Blaming everyone, even the fans? Really, the fans? How about these are growing pains for a program ramping up?

Or my time and financial donations cease. How is that for an answer Patch? By the way I am not the only one that feels that way.

Since we go way back...gonna call you out on this one. Deep Breath. This isn't you. You are off the rails on this one. There is NO WAY we could expect this season to shape up like it would but we also did not know how much of a seat Ford would be taking to let the Assts'. "interview".

Now, if McCarthy or Christ are named HC...I may be with you...

Since we go way back...gonna call you out on this one. Deep Breath. This isn't you. You are off the rails on this one. There is NO WAY we could expect this season to shape up like it would but we also did not know how much of a seat Ford would be taking to let the Assts'. "interview".

Now, if McCarthy or Christ are named HC...I may be with you...

That's exactly where Ruler is going I suspect......

This season has been pitiful beyond any of our expectations.

Biggest decision in UAlbany athletics history (possibly second to the decision to go DI) is coming up over the course of the next three weeks.

Yep, totally agreed. And I will be on the "Let's lynch (not literally) the ADept" bandwagon if I see the name Christ or McCarthy. So...so...so out of the depth of this job.

I also really hope the kids who RShirted are just fired up to be difference makers. It's up to Ngachie to ensure these guys know what is expected. That class...IS HIS CLASS...HE...is their leader!

A HC needs to be named immediatly and let the recruiting (JUCO & FBS transfers) begin!!!

Careful with that.

We need some quick talent, but we don't need to turn into Transfer U. I'd rather have JUCOs. But we need to increase our talent level in the upper class ranks.

Yep, totally agreed. And I will be on the "Let's lynch (not literally) the ADept" bandwagon if I see the name Christ or McCarthy. So...so...so out of the depth of this job.

I also really hope the kids who RShirted are just fired up to be difference makers. It's up to Ngachie to ensure these guys know what is expected. That class...IS HIS CLASS...HE...is their leader!

I believe the Rshirted kids are fired up. I follow a few on Twitter and they are not happy over the losses, so hopefully this season will be the fire they need under their a**es!!

I definitely think some of the posts in this thread are little too emotional with threats and such. NO ONE is happy with this season. NO ONE is happy we lost very winnable games early in the season. BUT this team is young, rebuilding a bit and the transition to CAA has obviously been tough. I am willing to give them a bit of pass this year as it is somewhat of a perfect storm against us and this is all magnified by the more exposure with the new stadium. That all adds up to a miserable season for everyone. On the other hand, this season has been absolutely unacceptable according to the standards this program has set over the years. As many have said, the next hire will be a huge turning point, in one direction or the other, for many aspects of this program including support from the community, alumni and students. We can't have 3-4 years of bad football in the new stadium or it will set back the program for years to come.