UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. Colgate 7pm (Sat. Dec 14th)

There is no other type of team that I dislike playing more than a team who can just drain 3s like this. SO SO hard to deal with.

We simply got bucknelled again... Any team that can hit three's like this will give us trouble... I thought we did a lot well except defend the three...

Hard to defend the 3 when their center can hit them. 4 guys on the floor at one time that can hit a 3 is very very hard to stop.

We were bad from the free throw line - 50%. Left a ton of points there. We're better than that.

Colgate could stretch the floor with their outside shooting and we haven't been able to prove that we can. I'm hoping that this changes. We will win some games because we're a pretty good in other areas but teams are going to clog in the inside until we can shoot them out of it.

Rowley looked like a player of the year candidate tonight. He made it worth braving the snow. GJ and Puk also played well.

Our backcourt didn't shoot well or make very good decisions. Seemed like a lot of quick shots and not the best shots. Just not sharp, a lot of mental errors.

DP I agree wholly with this:

"Colgate could stretch the floor with their outside shooting and we haven't been able to prove that we can. I'm hoping that this changes. We will win some games because we're a pretty good in other areas but teams are going to clog in the inside until we can shoot them out of it."; and I predict the problem is going to be compounded when we hit AmEast play and everyone knows we can't make an outside shot.

Maybe it's time to "FREE" Haas and see if he can shoot his way out of his slump. And with the injuries to Odunsi [maybe for the season] and Luke [limited for the season], forget red shirting Emma and throw him to the wolfs. I am NOT trying to second guess staff, only throwing these thoughts out for blog folly. Other opinions and thoughts welcomed!!

We started the season talking about how Coach Brown would get playing time for 12 or 13 guys. Flash-forward to yesterday and there were 5 guys who played at least 31 minutes. Devlin, Odunsi and Shengalia all battling injuries..and the healthy bench guys aren't picking up things as quickly as most of us assumed.

I'm not sure the issue with Haas is that he's not shooting at the type of percentage that we were hoping for. Obviously you'd like to see that number higher..but it's mainly that he still just looks lost on both sides of the ball when he's on the court.

But with Odunsi out..the team needs some backcourt help. Tough to have Evans, Hooley and Johnson all play 30+ minutes for the entire season..especially when Hooley and Evans are both shooting under 40% from the floor on the year. Not meant to be a knock on them at all..just need some options.

Instead of wasting a year of Ennema..I wonder if Ede starts seeing some time. Can play him at the 3 to give Johnson a breather..or give Hooley/Evans a breather by moving Johnson to the 2.

Was a bit surprised to see Wiegmann only get 5 minutes yesterday. Probably just a match-up result with so many Colgate shooters..but he's guarded wings quite a bit this year.

Edited by Phoenix