UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1/8/2014 - UMBC GameDay

I liked this from the TU blog this morning:

Evans was happy to point out that he has been a good shooter through his career. During his senior year of high school in Mississippi, he said he made a state record 14 3-pointers and finished with 52 points.

“A lot of people don”t know that,” he said. “Throw that out there. I can shoot the ball, but I will take the game how it comes to me. I feel like I can hit the open jumper every night.”

Edited by Dane Pound

Crazy game...glad for the win but the effort in the first half was very poor. Once UA woke up midway through the second half they had a game on their hands. UMBC played with heart, hit huge shots...luckily for us they couldn't put us away. In the second half we hit some huge shots, ft's were on point...but still...lucky to get the win, dodged a bullet.

Yeah, that was not a good performance. Typical trap game coming off a great game against Hartford and riding high with a bad, but a team with talent, coming into your house. Easy to lay an egg. Shows me something though that they pulled it out. I like that Brown so these guys not playing hard enough and pulled all 5 players to try and give them a wake up call. Glad they woke up. Elliott on UMBC is very good and had a great game but I didn't like him getting into the faces of our players a few times. He was chatting a lot. Once to Gary Johson when he put them up 3 at the end of regulation and then he went in front of Puk on the foul line to try and make him nervous. I don't like any of that stuff.

Any idea why UMBC didn't shake hands after the game?

Yeah, that was not a good performance. Typical trap game coming off a great game against Hartford and riding high with a bad, but a team with talent, coming into your house. Easy to lay an egg. Shows me something though that they pulled it out. I like that Brown so these guys not playing hard enough and pulled all 5 players to try and give them a wake up call. Glad they woke up. Elliott on UMBC is very good and had a great game but I didn't like him getting into the faces of our players a few times. He was chatting a lot. Once to Gary Johson when he put them up 3 at the end of regulation and then he went in front of Puk on the foul line to try and make him nervous. I don't like any of that stuff.

I don't think it was anything...highly charged game, emotions running high...best to just quickly disengage.

I'd guess about 1,500, for sure a lot less than last Saturday.

ESPN says 2100, however official that is. Everyone seems to stay until the end and finally make a little noise even.

We were lucky to get the game to overtime. Tonight was wrenching. Tomorrow morning we'll wake up and be 2- 0 in conference, that's probably all that matters.

From CB on Twitter.."They thought no shake was after the game. It was supposed to be no shake after the anthem. Honest mistake. No hard feelings."

Though I don't think I fully understand that. When do they ever not shake hands after a game.. odd.

Edited by MsGDG