UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Siena Game

I see Yale, a team we beat in the non-conference schedule, is in the semi-finals of the College Insiders Tournament. We could end up with wins over both the CIT and CBI champions.

I still would rather have a win over the CBI runner up, but it is fitting that even a good part of LCC fans even know how little relevance that buy in tournament has .

Edited by bob87

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely - the game should be at SEFCU every other year. We'll sell it out and it will do a lot for on-campus support for the program. As it stands, Siena gets a lopsided benefit from the relationship that goes beyond the basketball program.

Would Stony Brook play Manhattan this way ? (or substitute Buffalo / Canisus). I know the comparison isn't perfect, but pretty close.

Actually, Buffalo generally plays Canisius and Niagara every year, alternating home and away. And both Niagara and Canisius have VERY small gyms. (<3,000, if I'm not mistaken.)

That being said, college hoops isn't the big game in town in Buffalo. Those games always draw well, but not nearly as well as a UA/Siena matchup.

I see no point in playing it if we don't get that home and home or better seats. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have the right to use the TUC as home game during the season correct? I know it's tough but maybe we can schedule a home and home with a BCS team using the TUC. And if UB can schedule those MAAC schools why do they refuse schedule us in anything.

Two points: (1) UA has MORE than earned the right to host the game every other year; either @ Sefcu or as host @ the tu. If the contract is up, we should accept NO less. Any less, do not play the game at all.

(2) $hitiena has gotten a lot of experience, mileage and press {not just from the tu, but all the local media and some national too} from it's cbi run. As I've said a number of times, the "goal" should be post season. We simply are not going to win the AE tournament every year. It would of course be nice, but in a one bid conference, it is nice there are other post season options out there.

Here's a question. Does Siena even get into the CBI without paying for the home game? Do they get invited as a road team with that under .500 record?

Who cares...? Two programs under .500 throwing down in complete obscurity having thrown bags of money at the CBI to even get in. Let them do what they gotta do...good for them I guess.

Losers!

Edited by Clickclack

Here's a question. Does Siena even get into the CBI without paying for the home game? Do they get invited as a road team with that under .500 record?

Who cares...? Let them do what they gotta do...good for them I guess.

Click is right - that's how the CBI operates

4th tier tournament but a place to play if you're willing to pay

- whatever...

Who cares...? Two programs under .500 throwing down in complete obscurity having thrown bags of money at the CBI to even get in. Let them do what they gotta do...good for them I guess.

Losers!

Haha that's true. Chalk up another W over them in the softball department.

Losers!

Haha that's true. Chalk up another W over them in the softball department.

Did they win both games today?

Can we just end this Siena vs. Albany conversation? Siena is regional, Albany is national. Siena doesn't even have a football team. To those of us who no longer reside in the Capital District, it's pointless and irrelevant.

Just be glad then you don't have to hear the media overhyping them like we do here. They are irrelevant here as well but they are fun to laugh at

Edited by bob87