UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Law

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I know and consider reliable tells me the Governor is involved in the discussions.

I believe it. He has a personal interest.

Plus I don't think they occur unless he was involved. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the Nano divorce package.

Bingo-- Nail on head. we won't fight you for dollars in the nano divorce however, we want a professional school to allow us to go for AAU.

I think (my opinion only) is; in the divorce, UA is being most affected by the loss of the LAND. Buffalo, Utica, Como can keep Kaleraros and company. A law school is nice, but nothing (maybe a lot of money) can compensate UA for the land lost. There is only so much land available even if you have the money. Haven't you seen "Gone with the Wind"? It is all about "Terra". Where can UA expand? The Harriman campus appears to be a dead end. East Greenbush is nice, but do we really want to be a campus spread across two counties. I know we offer graduate courses in Clifton Park. Maybe we can expand in Saratoga--grab Global away from nano. The point is LAND is a rare and finite commodity and resource.

Bingo-- Nail on head. we won't fight you for dollars in the nano divorce however, we want a professional school to allow us to go for AAU.

I think (my opinion only) is; in the divorce, UA is being most affected by the loss of the LAND. Buffalo, Utica, Como can keep Kaleraros and company. A law school is nice, but nothing (maybe a lot of money) can compensate UA for the land lost. There is only so much land available even if you have the money. Haven't you seen "Gone with the Wind"? It is all about "Terra". Where can UA expand? The Harriman campus appears to be a dead end. East Greenbush is nice, but do we really want to be a campus spread across two counties. I know we offer graduate courses in Clifton Park. Maybe we can expand in Saratoga--grab Global away from nano. The point is LAND is a rare and finite commodity and resource.

I agree on the land point. I would love to see the Albany Law merger occur and pave the way for more......Albany Med, Albany Pharmacy......scoop up the entire University Heights campus on New Scotland. That is good land.

• 1 month later...

Albany Law, University at Albany working toward affiliation agreement

http://www.bizjourna...ing-toward.html

"Jones says governing boards at both schools approved moving forward with the affiliation process on Friday. The two schools will move quickly, he says, and an agreement could be in place by the start of the 2015-16 year."

Edited by MsGDG

This is also the first time I've ever seen any reference to a closer alignment with a Medical school. "Jones has tapped Susan Philips, UAlbany’s former provost and vice president for academic affairs, to lead the partnership with Albany Law School. She is also working on developing research and academic partnerships with SUNY Downstate Medical Center."

Is this new?

Edited by Clickclack