UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I was excited to be a top 25 team when in the NEC.... I'd pop open an extra brewsky over the fact.

Now, not so much excitement. Top 10, then I'll get excited.

With this coaching staff, I'm sure they will be reminded to stay grounded, cause #24 ain't that big of a deal.... especially

considering our competition thus far.

Now, for the task at hand. Let's go rip Columbia a new #$%&^%$

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a long way we've come in a relatively short time. Like uofalbany said..when we were in the NEC we'd be jumping for joy at entering the rankings..whatever the reasoning. Now we're in the CAA..we start 3-0..pick-up a Top 25 ranking..and the response is "sure that's nice, but we don't deserve it." Perfectly fair.

Can we all imagine losing to Columbia next week? Sure. Can we imagine getting blasted by Richmond during Homecoming? Sure. But this is one of the benefits of playing in the CAA..you start to get the benefit of the doubt. In college basketball..when Syracuse plays 3 or 4 cupcakes to start the season..they get ranked. Why? Because they're a Big East..well now ACC..school. If we start the season beating 3 or 4 mid-majors..do we even sniff the Top 25? No way.

I'm going to enjoy it..especially given last year's results..and look forward to the day when we get excited over the Top 10 ranking like we used to with a Top 25 ranking while in the NEC.

The coaches poll is probably a little more realistic right not but people are talking about UA football.

This makes the coaches jobs a little harder and our marketers jobs hopefully a little easier.

BTW, Gontarek is not just the CAA rookie of the week, he's the national rookie of the week.

• 3 weeks later...