UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If 60s and rain keep you away, what's 20s and snow going to do? Time to get your rain gear, parkas, etc. in order.

I'm not sure I want to deal with a wet and soggy 4 year old when it's hard enough to keep him under control in 70 degrees and sun.

I'll see what happens.

Edited by Clickclack

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many bobbleheads does one get?

And how early do you think I'd need to get there to get one? I really want one too (or two), to add to my collection of UA stuff at my office (have a yellow mini-helmet that I bought on EBay and the Brown/Coach Abe ball that was given to season ticket holders a couple years ago). Also have a growl towel from a few years ago hanging on my cubicle wall.

First 500 get a Bobblehead. I'll pay someone to get me one. hahaha!!

MsGDG, I saw your post in the other thread.

I say, do the 500 now to get people to the game, but I also say they should eventually sell them down the road online so people who live around the nation (and have NO WAY of getting to the game) to get one.

can't watch...how are we looking?

See below for my full take on the game.

Who knew there were worse refs than the AE basketball refs..

WOW. I'm also a BB season ticket holder and there is a few select refs who are NOTORIOUS for calling bad games. When I see them, I immediately know what kind of game its going to be. The short balding white guy is one that jumps to mind...looks like Danny DeVito but with gray hair.

Anyway, to the football game.

1) Front of the defense was decent again, however our secondary is still the weak link. However, JMU has their own #23 who is a beast and was hard to bring down, even for our front seven.

2) I thought special teams has been pretty good all year, and was today again (blocked a punt).

3) Run game must have been game plan against because it didn't seem to be a big part of the offense this game...although Osbourne did break a few for 10+ yards.

4) Fiacchi again was suspect. One play he makes a great pass, and then the next 4 times he drops back he makes you shake/grab your head and close your eyes and ask "WTF WAS THAT!?"

As for the refs. OH MYLANTA! I've never seen a worse crew in all of my years watching football. Even the replacement refs in the NFL who were filling in for the regulars were 100x better. A few plays come to mind...I will preface it with the fact that there were no replays shown of any of these plays as far as I know so I can only go by my initial reaction:

IIRC, all of these came in the 2nd half

1) Late hit on JMU QB. Didn't see it. Moved the ball for JMU after they seemed to have stalled.

2) Following play after the one above, JMU receiver is running out of bounds and BOTH him and the UA player who was going to hit him lowered their shoulders for the hit. He was NOT defenseless and he was borderline out of bounds (again, no replay so can't confirm). It was a bang bang play and he saw it coming/want to dish some pain back. HORRIBLE call. This put JMU at like the 10 and the rest is history.

3) The punt. OH MY GAWD THE PUNT. Worst call of the game. UA punts the ball to the JMU 25 or so and the returner muffs it WITHOUT GETTING HIT (again, no replay, based on direct obversation). UA recovers it, but after some discussion, the refs call interference on Albany. HOGWASH! BLASPHEMY!

4) Albany catches a TD in the end zone only to have it called back on offensive pass interference which again no one agreed with (and no replay). Bad call, IMO. It was a back shoulder throw, so not sure how that would even come into the equation if the CB/S is out of position.

All in all, Albany had chances to win (we didn't covert 4 players from within the 3 yard line for a TD and instead turned it over on downs in the 1st half), etc...but it was still aggravating to watch. I will say this...UAlbany is MUCH better than last year...even with a suspect Fiacchi at the helm. Once we get a legit CAA QB to run the show and continue to get more CAA level talent, we'll be aight. Progress has been made.

Edited by Ilko

I agree with almost everything you say except I thought Fiacchi was pretty good tonight, in fact...dare I say game of the season for him? I'm still really uncomfortable with him under center but he did well today I thought with the normal dose of WTH...

Just can't shake feeling of what if...what if this game wasn't stolen from UA?

As for progress, agreed, clearly this program is on the correct track. That was some exciting football, hopefully we can find a QB going into next year to keep throwing it to Ganterek (sp?) who again I thought looked spectacular. Paker had a nice game as well...this team is fun to watch.

Edited by Clickclack