UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Homecoming vs. Spiders 10/11

Their QB Strauss is off the charts accurate. They are going to sling it all over the place.

Their forum says the starting left tackle Richter had his arm in a sling the second half last week, is doubtful this week. Maybe we can generate a pass rush from that side.

r1kbo9.png

My thoughts on the game:

Offense - Our offense, for the most part, wasn't too bad. We had some mistakes with throws and drops (one of which Brian Parker totally botched - no one within 10 yards of him in any direction). Fiacchi, for whatever reason, seems to fair much better on the longer throws than the shorter ones. The run game didn't do ANYTHING all day. Cole King has been a REVELATION this season. He has a HORRIBLE season last year and has played AWESOME this year.

All in all, I give the offense a grade of B-.

Defense - Like many folks, I think our defense has been our biggest issue of late (against JMU and Richmond). We all know our secondary is our weak link due to it's age (being very young)...but our front seven hasn't been able to pressure the opposing QB like it was earlier in the season. Basically, the quality of opponents we played in the beginning of the year made our defense look FAR better than it actually is. We need help. I'm sure this will be corrected with recruiting...nothing we can do this season. However, one thing we can fix is...STOP THE DAMN ARM TACKLES. I mean, like WHOA. We are a TERRIBLE tackling team. This tackling issue rears it's head the most in 3rd down situations. We suck on 3rd down.

Part of the problem is the offense sometimes isn't out on the field long and the defense is playing too much, too often. With little depth, this becomes a problem. I'm a Jets fan, so I know all about that. It's the exact same issue the Jets have. Sanchez/Geno can't keep the offense on the field so the D is EXHAUSTED by the 3rd quarter.

All in all, I give the defense a grade of C-. It wasn't very good although they did have 3 INT's today and evidently a fumble recovery or something (Richmond had 4 TO's...I only remember 3). If it wasn't for those 4 plays, I'd give them a D or maybe an F. It wasn't pretty.

Special Teams - Not very good but not horrible. Missed an XP and also a kick. Our kickers are still a problem. Fielding isn't an issue, Gontarek does well. At least we aren't snapping the ball over the kickers head, etc.

C

Coaching - Coaching seems to be decent. Play calls aren't too bad and they seem to have the players listening to them (UA came out a bit better in the second half). It's the first year, so can't really complain here too much IMO. No time management blunders, etc.

B-

Crowd - Crowd was decent. Not fully packed. I'd guess we hit at least 7k.

Edited by Ilko