UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this in the comment section for the article in Philly.com. Anyone at the game (or previous games) ever get this impression?

"Gattuso's behavior on the field was less than exemplary for a guy who publicly criticized the conduct of a fellow coach. He has a short fuse and appeared to be yelling too often at his staff and players. The image of a bully came to mind far more than a coach who is worthy of praise for an otherwise excellent state university."

Saw this in the comment section for the article in Philly.com. Anyone at the game (or previous games) ever get this impression?

"Gattuso's behavior on the field was less than exemplary for a guy who publicly criticized the conduct of a fellow coach. He has a short fuse and appeared to be yelling too often at his staff and players. The image of a bully came to mind far more than a coach who is worthy of praise for an otherwise excellent state university."

I was at the game and i can understand Gattuso's frustration he was probably feeling. The game was out of hand by late 2nd Qtr. If King scored that TD on the opening drive the game probably would of been different. Nova was gashing the ball down the throats of the defense. Robinson was QB bootlegging all over. The tempo was all Nova with the random No Huddles and 3rd down conversions. I saw coach being himself. Sometimes he would seperate himself on the opposite part of the sideline. If Nova is the only game where coach was a "bully" and no other coach said this about him, then i think it is just a "who has the bigger car" talk. I left before the 4th Qtr. I heard that Nova didnt "kneel" at the end and i found that to be more unsportsman like than this issue.

Edited by alexfamous

Had a conversation related to this on Saturday with a former alum before this happened. It was about running up the score. Coach ford used to say it all of the time, if you don't want a team to run up the score, get better. At the high school level running the score up can be suspect. You are dealing with kids. In this case we are dealing with recruited college athletes. Nobody feels bad for you. Just get better

Had a conversation related to this on Saturday with a former alum before this happened. It was about running up the score. Coach ford used to say it all of the time, if you don't want a team to run up the score, get better. At the high school level running the score up can be suspect. You are dealing with kids. In this case we are dealing with recruited college athletes. Nobody feels bad for you. Just get better

I agree. I wasn't offended at all by them running the ball.

I've only been "offended" once in my time as a player and alumni. The game a few years back against Stephen F Austin. They were throwing tje ball all around the field in the 4th quarter up at least 4 scores.

I know it has been a while since Gattuso has had to deal with this situation as a head coach. Not impressed on how it was handled. No doubt football is a game of emotions. In this situation he has to eat his humble pie and shake Talley's hand. There is no excuse not too. It sets a poor example for the players. As a coach, whenever my team is taking its lumps like Albany did, I usually sub out when the winning team starts to sub out. Not right away, but soon there after. If a team takes its starting and even second string D out, I will start to pull my starters slowly. If the starters can't get it done against the big boys, they don't deserve to get it done against the 2's and 3's. I know each situation is different, but that is my take.

Rewatched game to look closer at defense and saw their left tackle just manhandled our d linemen. He was literally throwing them to the ground - in the beginning of the game he was throwing Forster around primarily, then Forster left the game and I don't think he returned. Wasn't just their left tackle, it was their entire line just moving us off the ball. The only way we stopped them (on any down) was when they ran into a blitzing linebacker.

Seems like status quo then. I remember after the Richmond game I made a table showing the size difference and we were 3" and 45LB or so smaller...we'll get there eventually with more CAA level kids. Half our team is still NEC. We'd be DOMINATING the NEC right now me thinks.

Edited by Ilko

Seems like status quo then. I remember after the Richmond game I made a table showing the size difference and we were 3" and 45LB or so smaller...we'll get there eventually with more CAA level kids. Half our team is still NEC. We'd be DOMINATING the NEC right now me thinks.

Not so sure I'd say we'd be dominating the NEC. Sacred Heart clinched the NEC championship this week and they beat Delaware.

Bryant is looking very good as an at-large bid and they beat Stony Brook.

Sorry, maybe you're right. I just was feelin that 6 wins (with an admittedly weakish OCC) while being part of the CAA would get us at least 8-9 in the NEC. Also, given the fact that we've played a few CAA teams very close and barely lost (Villanova and UNH aside). We played JMU, UD and could have 4 conference wins if not for those games.

Edited by Ilko