UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If history showed us anything, UA rarely gets any benefits when it comes to the LAX tourney so I doubt it will happen last year.

See my post from last week. I knew this was coming. It is total crap. Unreal. If I was Coach Marr I'd be pissed. He has built a great program and gets zero respect.

Edited by DanesRGood

Any word on a BUS to watch UA humiliate cornell and the ncaa selection committee?

On the espnu selection show the commentators were almost speechless at times over the committees seedings and left outs. The committee used criterion much different than any other year, including setting rematch games which have universally been discouraged past years. When the selection committee head said Princeton was left off due to their loss to Stony Brook, Quint said the committee obviously did not know just how good a team Stony Brook is {with implications just how GOOD UA IS}. Lax Power had UA #6 early Sunday morning and cornell #12 or 13 (I think), based on ncaa selection criteria formulas developed from historical perspectives. One of the announcers yesterday had cornell as a bubble team, but quickly corrected himself as I am sure he felt a bubble to an eight was his error (but I am sure he was just too astounded to make an issue of it).

Anyhow, I disagreed with many of you who said the ncaa would find a way to dis UA again. I stand corrected and admit you all were right! Hopefully the team will make them pay for the lack of respect.

From Inside Lacrosse:

Albany Put On the Road for Big Red Rematch

Albany earned its bid with the America East AQ, but it doesn’t seem the committee was overly impressed by the Danes’ resume, making them travel to nearby Cornell for the opening round. Cornell was looked at as a bubble team after losing in the Ivy League semis, and we had them rated lower than Albany in terms of at-large resume and strength of schedule. Of course, one of Albany’s two losses on the year was a head-to-head, neutral site defeat at the hands of the Big Red, so I guess that’s enough for a seeded spot and the right to host the contest. If anyone in the field has a bone to pick, its appropriately the Danes.

Interesting facts from Saturday's Championship "program": (I updated for this year)

UA Championship History

Appearances: 13

Record: 20-6

Titles: 7 (03, 04, 05, 07, 13, 14, 15)

12th title game appearance in 14 years

SBU Championship History

Appearances: 14

Record: 11-11

Titles: 3 (02, 10, 12)