UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl 2/7 Lowell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the schedule..not sure that's correct. Vermont could win out..and we could go 4-2 the rest of the way..putting us both at 14-2. If our losses are to Vermont and Hartford..and Hartford wins out.. that would put Hartford at 11-5..which could be third place. Vermont has already beat Hartford twice..and we would be 1-1 against them in that scenario..giving Vermont the tiebreaker.

I think I have all that correct? Which would mean the magic number is 5..any combo of 5 UAlbany wins and Vermont losses.

Looking at the schedule..not sure that's correct. Vermont could win out..and we could go 4-2 the rest of the way..putting us both at 14-2. If our losses are to Vermont and Hartford..and Hartford wins out.. that would put Hartford at 11-5..which could be third place. Vermont has already beat Hartford twice..and we would be 1-1 against them in that scenario..giving Vermont the tiebreaker.

I think I have all that correct? Which would mean the magic number is 5..any combo of 5 UAlbany wins and Vermont losses.

Now I'm not sure. I was going by what coach brown had said in his radio interview. Edited by UA'08

Chance to extend this streak to 11. Lowell's best player Thomas is out. We've been catching some breaks with teams best guys being out the past three games, but if any team deserves a break its UA.

Magic number 4.

Well, to be fair, our best guy has been out for the last 5+ games as well.
No doubt. That's why I said albany deserves the breaks having gone through what they have.

Hartford is not going to win out.

Baker to bench for defensive reasons.

4 is the number if you assume New Hampshire finishes fourth.

Last night we slowed things down too early and gave fouls too early(should have been just over or at mid-court) IMHO

But a win is a win and today is a new day!!

A magic number isn't a "which is more likely" number. It's mathematical elimination number. Was just trying to clarify what that number actually is. :)

There are scenarios..even if it's just one..where UAlbany wins + Vermont losses can = 4 where UAlbany would not win the conference..but there are no such scenarios where the combination is 5. That makes the magic number 5.

Hartford is not going to win out.

Baker to bench for defensive reasons.

4 is the number if you assume New Hampshire finishes fourth.

Last night we slowed things down too early and gave fouls too early(should have been just over or at mid-court) IMHO

But a win is a win and today is a new day!!

I believe he took him out while UNH was shooting free throws or had just turned the ball over and we were about to go on offense.