UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

Yahoo has a story on the Oklahoma team right now. Here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/bracket-flames--boomer-sooner--oklahoma-one-of-six-tourney-sleepers-222451741.html

Basically, the story cites the coach's strengths and how they translate into a team-building process. It also says that the Sooners could go very deeply into the tournament.

Interestingly enough, UAlbany isn't mentioned at all in the article.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that a lot of attention is paid to the big schools, but watched CBSSports' 3 hour breakdown of the brackets, and when it came to OU/Albany, the segment was about 5 minutes long and consisted of an interview with Lon Kruger. They asked one question about Albany, and gave literally zero commentary on our players, our record, our win to get in, NOTHING. As a college bball fan, I also enjoy learning about smaller schools in big matchups. It's what makes March Madnes so great - David vs. Goliath.

Then Andy Katz implied through a tweet that he had a problem with our #14 seed, to which I brought attention to Harvard's #13 seed. Harvard tied Yale in regular season, beat them at the buzzer in the playoff, and we beat them OOC this year. Also, given that we have a veteran team, that has historically played teams tight in the tournament, I thought that the 14 seed was warranted, especially given all of the upsets in the other conference tournaments. That certainly helped.

I get that a lot of attention is paid to the big schools, but watched CBSSports' 3 hour breakdown of the brackets, and when it came to OU/Albany, the segment was about 5 minutes long and consisted of an interview with Lon Kruger. They asked one question about Albany, and gave literally zero commentary on our players, our record, our win to get in, NOTHING. As a college bball fan, I also enjoy learning about smaller schools in big matchups. It's what makes March Madnes so great - David vs. Goliath.

Then Andy Katz implied through a tweet that he had a problem with our #14 seed, to which I brought attention to Harvard's #13 seed. Harvard tied Yale in regular season, beat them at the buzzer in the playoff, and we beat them OOC this year. Also, given that we have a veteran team, that has historically played teams tight in the tournament, I thought that the 14 seed was warranted, especially given all of the upsets in the other conference tournaments. That certainly helped.

I read is tweet as being impressed that no AE team has been as high as a 14 since 07, not dismissive.

Email from James regarding the game...looks like you need to get a hotel room for one or two nights depending on the result of the game + $175 for the bus/game/party mentioned below.

Good Afternoon Great Dane Season Ticket Holders,

Many of you have expressed not only interest in tickets to game this Friday but all interested in bus transportation. The Alumni Association has put together travel arrangements for those seeking a way to get there. Below you will find their invitation. By registering through them you will receive your ticket, bus transportation, and a pregame party. If you have any questions regarding this don’t hesitate to reach out!

Hop On the UAlbany “Home of Champions” Fan Bus

Join the Alumni Association on the road to the NCAA tournament in Columbus, OH. The fan bus will depart the Alumni House at 5:00 am on Friday, March 20. The cost is $175 and includes bus transportation, pregame party and game ticket. Bus transportation includes round trip to the Marriott Northwest, Columbus, plus transportation to the pregame party (next to the arena) and back to the hotel after the game. Visit www.alumni.albany.edu/FanBusNCAA2015 for more details and to register. Hotel reservations need to be made on your own, details are in this registration link.

Thank You,

James Troutman

Interim Ticket Manager

University at Albany

518-437-4415

jtroutman@albany.edu

Edited by Ilko

Mentions that the 14-seed has won 9.1% of the time - that's 11 wins in 120 chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

I wouldn't be surprised if our Australian UA brothers help make history this ncaa tournament!

Before this weekend, I had no idea that the radio version (the one you posted) is a remake of their own song they originally released in 1980. I actually like the original better. It's been stuck in my head since I discovered it on Sat afternoon...

Men At Work - Down Under (original version 1980): https://youtu.be/D2lhmqKLais

Mentions that the 14-seed has won 9.1% of the time - that's 11 wins in 120 chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

I wouldn't be surprised if our Australian UA brothers help make history this ncaa tournament!

Before this weekend, I had no idea that the radio version (the one you posted) is a remake of their own song they originally released in 1980. I actually like the original better. It's been stuck in my head since I discovered it on Sat afternoon...

Men At Work - Down Under (original version 1980): https://youtu.be/D2lhmqKLais

The 'radio' version makes we want another brew and get rowdy. The original makes me want to lay in a hammock and veg.