UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Disappointing seeing all these top teams go down and if Albany could have just taken care of business, I wonder how night of a seed they could have been

Disappointing Yes! But this points out just how much parity exist in Lacrosse this year. "Upsets" galore all season. #s 1, 2, & 4 ALL go down to defeat in their conference tournaments; goes to show just how tough one & out tournament play IS.

Nope. According to their Wikipedia page they were one of the founding members of the MAAC lax league in 1996. Then they went independent then joined the Great Western league then ECAC lax and just now the CAA. No explanation of what the CAA over rejoining the MAAC.

Right. Sorry, had them confused with Loyola, who also were a MAAC basketball team (until 2014) that never played MAAC lax.

Well, better get face-offs in order...and if they survive they gotta go play #1 seed Maryland. I mean they got in, but lord knows what would have been if they would have just won the AE. Considering Yale got a #4...that's pretty much your answer.

Seriously...they would have been a #4 seed if they won the AE, it's so damn clear by looking at the brackets...now they gotta travel to the last place any UA fan wants to see them play.

Shot ourselves in the foot in AE tourney, but still little respect from committee.

That's nothing new, but hard to get respect losing to Hartford. Marquette a sixth seed? That's a bit of a stretch.

Interestingly..Cuse's loss to Cornell is actually a worse loss RPI wise. Hartford made the tournament and finished 11-6. Cornell missed even the Ivy tournament and finished 6-7.

How many teams have made the NCAA Tournament each of the past 4 years?

They take into account recent play a lot. If you lose to a bad team, lose early, not in your conference tournament. The selection committee seems to be all over the place and they weigh RPI a lot. UA was probably where they should be seeded (9), but no way is CUSE an 8. They should be flipped with Marquette. It would have been more favorable to be seeded 10 or 11 right now and play Marquette or Loyola, instead the committee looked at travel and stuck UA in Syracuse. Even Yale and Brown would have been a better match up.

Edited by UA'08

I have a very strong dislike for the selection committee. I really don't understand why they seem to always put UA in a tough spot come tourney time. Is it because we are in the America East? Is it because we are a newer program on the national lacrosse scene? You would think that they would want to have a program like UA win to grow the game. Did Marr say something in the past to piss them off? I just don't get it.

And they didn't seem to care about the travel when they sent us to Denver a few years back.

How many teams have made the NCAA Tournament each of the past 4 years?

At least Albany, Denver, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Syracuse - almost half the field. I think Hopkins, Virginia and some others have three appearances.