UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #2: 11/14/18 - 7:30PM vs Boston University

Eli

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

This mini run is without Campbell on the floor. Remember that. I'll talk more about that at the end on the game but our defense is terrible and it's not like he is helping a ton. Offensively its bc of him there are no driving lanes. 

Yep, 100% agreed. He is a liability on offense and it's 5 on 4.

1 minute ago, DanesRGood said:

Clark needs to stop trying to take on multiple defenders on these fast breaks!

He's trying to fill David's shoes 😂😂

Lauderdale has the vertical jump of 1 inch. haha.  De Sousa needs to play a lot this year and Brown needs to get him more involved with the offense. This kid was excellent at Kent here in CT and can play. We saw the bad side of Clark tonight. Had a bad night and tried to force way too much because he supposed to be the scorer.  Healy with 20, very nice.

40 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Very rough game, we all said we'd be patient but this is going to be a long season...thing that concerns me the most is that this team appears to have taken a giant step back athletically, no speed or athleticism to get into the lane. They look slow...I'm a bit more worried. I could live with freshman mistakes but I'm concerned on a number of levels. 

Slow and small ... . Healy will have to carry this team.

71-61 final score makes this one seem closer than it was. This team is like Binghamton a few years ago but without Rodriguez. 

To be fair, our team is loaded with first-year players at the D1 level, and that is hard for most recruits at this level. On the other hand, BU was playing several freshman ... .

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Just now, DanesRGood said:

Lauderdale has the vertical jump of 1 inch. haha.  De Sousa needs to play a lot this year and Brown needs to get him more involved with the offense. This kid was excellent at Kent here in CT and can play. We saw the bad side of Clark tonight. Had a bad night and tried to force way too much because he supposed to be the scorer.  Healy with 20, very nice.

Yeah we laughed about that too. Not very athletic. 

Healy looks GREAT. Kids a baller. 

2 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

He played a lot in the second half...Brown needs to continue to run him out there. Brooks and Lauderdale are the first 2 I start trimming the rotation with in a few more games. 

Need Rizzuto back to help out the guards. More French if possible as well. 

36 minutes ago, KingDane said:

Ahmad Clark has not improved. He is too casual with the ball. 

As the players get better with game time, my expectation is he would be the fourth or deeper offensive option if Rizzuto is any good. If we are relying on Clark to lead us offensively, that's a problem.

I may be the only one, but I think Clark just had an off night. A lot of people go by the theory that shooters have to shoot themselves out of a slump. It felt like he was just forcing everything tonight, instead of letting the shots come to him. I think he will be fine.

There wasnt a lot of positives to say about the game tonight, but I liked what I saw from deSousa. Even if they played really well, it's hard when the other team is raining 3s from everywhere and shooting 8 million percent.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

I fully understand these are nice college kids and student athletes. That being said ladies and gentlemen CAMPBELL is the reason our offense looks so bad. And in my opinion he does not make up for it on defense. Let me explain...

The defensive player guarding Campbell plays about 10 to 15 feet off him making it nearly impossible to drive to the hoop or get the ball down low. When he Is out of the game and we made our little run they are forced to guard all 5 positions.  

Again not trying to be mean and I know Brown has forgotten more about basketball then a know. Brown is a loyal guy and wont admit it but unfortunately I'm right about this.  Campbell should get 10 to 15 minutes a game no more.