UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2nd Annual Basketball Bash! Season Ticket Pickup Event

Eli

Great Dane Fans,

Thank you for purchasing M/W Basketball season tickets! We are all excited for the upcoming season as your Great Danes are set to make another America East title run! To tip off the season, we are hoping you can join us for the 2nd annual Basketball Bash! Season Ticket Pickup Event. The event will take place on October 24th on the arena floor of SEFCU Arena. Head Coaches Colleen Mullen and Will Brown will say a few words and introduce your 2019-20 Great Danes!

Season ticket holders who pre-ordered will be able to pick up season ticket packages starting at 6:30 pm while event programming will begin at 7:30 pm. If you’re not able to attend the event your season tickets will be mailed to the address on file the first business day following the event.

To RSVP for the Basketball Bash! please Click Here

I won't be able to make it :(.

Will miss this event for the first time ever. Since they changed the format and took the event away from Brown, who always put on a good show and great feast; the event has been a bust in my opinion. I'll be out of the country anyhow; and if this event is like the last couple of years,  I will not be disappointed at all. Will be interested to hear, if I am wrong and any dissenting opinions. 

Edited by dslyank

I promised a recap:  If you did not go you did not miss much.

*Introduce the women's team first; 

*Introduce the men's team second;

*Shooting contest between members of the men's and women's teams;

*Dance team routine;

*Cheer team routine;

*Students shooting for wide screen television 📺

*Lastly, somewhere in all this; Will Brown made a shot from half court

All this happen in about one hour. I would say between 250 -  350 people attended.

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

I thought it was fun. These are always a little bit hokey but I'm glad I went.

I'll add, Coach Mullen beat Coach Brown in the free throw competition. Hopefully CB doesn't have to hear about that for too long.

Watching Cam Healy shoot in the 3 point competition was worth going to the event. I think we know he's a good shooter from games and by percentage but to watching him drain shot after shot you appreciate how good he is. I think he hit 7 or 8 straight at one point. Needless to say, he won.

I wish they would have found a way to get Fruscio into one of the competitions. 

I'm not sure there's anyone who has as much fun on the basketball court as Alexi Schecter.

There seems to be a lot of excitement that Jojo Anderson can play this year. 

Edited by Dane Pound

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Scheduling Ticket pick up at 700 PM with the event happenings at 730 PM, you avoid the need.  Your expectations is that people will have dinner before hand.

We have concessions at 7 pm volleyball, basketball, soccer, football.  Several people I spoke with didn't eat prior assuming there might be something at the "Bash".  When Will Brown did the preseason event, there were refreshments.  He knew how to attract students.

1 hour ago, alum73 said:

We have concessions at 7 pm volleyball, basketball, soccer, football.  Several people I spoke with didn't eat prior assuming there might be something at the "Bash".  When Will Brown did the preseason event, there were refreshments.  He knew how to attract students.

$ And cents seem to be in play these days!  Just visit GDAC tent at football games.

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Scheduling Ticket pick up at 700 PM with the event happenings at 730 PM, you avoid the need.  Your expectations is that people will have dinner before hand.

Or people will specifically forgo dinner to get a bite at such an event. That's absolutely what I would do. Least you could give me for all of the years supporting you is a slice of pizza and a chocolate chip cookie.