UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

Governor ⁦@GavinNewsom  ⁩ Announces a 10% Cut to State Workers before announcing a $125 Million Illegal Immigrant Disaster
Relief Fund" due to corona virus – NBC 7 San Diego"   B. Kerik

Watch out NY State workers living high on the hog... Cuomo might copycat the Kalifornia Kook.   
No federal bailouts for California.  You've been a disaster for decades upon decades.
Edited by uofalbany

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

I know we are not suppose to talk politics; but hey you guys started it. Horse racing should be BANNED. Should not even be talking about it on this SPORTS blog. It is not sport. Jockeys are not athletes. Animals are abused.  And speaking of lost lawn parking, the parents of the seven year old who got in trouble for selling lemonade should have been locked up. They were pumping out more trays of brownies in a day than many of the tax paying and permit paying venders did in a week.

Wow got that off my chest. OK Toga fans fire back. Or better yet maybe DP will censor all this political talk and I could get the last word in. Go Great Danes-HOPE to see you soon.

I kind of stayed out of this thread because I really dont care about people opinions.  I do what I need to do . But then you go and say horse racing should be Banned . Lol. I am a thoroughbred horse owner and breeder (on a small scale). I can 100 percent tell you that these horses are treated better then 99 percent of the world.  Eating,  vet visits , training, ect. A lot of people dont know this but they LOVE to run. They truly do. 

You are 100 percent right, some people mistreat the horses.  However , some people mistreat dogs, cat, ect. So I say BAN all animal ownership. Of course not. Horseracing badly needs a Central governing body, but it's a great sport and most people do it right. 

Interesting fact:

Approx 10,000 thoroughbred horses are killed every year. 

Approx 2.5 million dogs and cats are killed every year. 

Edited by UA1882

50 minutes ago, uofalbany said:
Governor ⁦@GavinNewsom  ⁩ Announces a 10% Cut to State Workers before announcing a $125 Million Illegal Immigrant Disaster
Relief Fund" due to corona virus – NBC 7 San Diego"   B. Kerik

Watch out NY State workers living high on the hog... Cuomo might copycat the Kalifornia Kook.   
No federal bailouts for California.  You've been a disaster for decades upon decades.

Yup.  Worlds fifth largest economy.  What a third world republic I live in. 

And quoting an ex-felon (Bernie kerik) who faced an ethics violation for ...employing an illegal immigrant as a nanny doesn’t exactly drip with credibility. But please. Tell me more about fake news and disinformation. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

Homer speaks again.  Just do your research and prove your own facts.  It's one of those liberal media rags reporting it.  So, you should believe it regardless.  Trying to be heard again, to affirm your self importance.  Nice subject change my man.  LA is a hole btw.  

Edited by uofalbany

14 minutes ago, uofalbany said:
Homer speaks again.  Just do your research and prove your own facts.  It's one of those liberal media rags reporting it.  So, you should believe it regardless.  Trying to be heard again, to affirm your self importance.  LA is a hole btw. 

"The difference between a beer 🍺and your opinion; is that I asked for a beer 🍺."  I must give credit to this fine line to the good folks at Fairport Brewery.  So appropriate in these times.  

19 minutes ago, uofalbany said:
Homer speaks again.  Just do your research and prove your own facts.  It's one of those liberal media rags reporting it.  So, you should believe it regardless.  Trying to be heard again, to affirm your self importance.  LA is a hole btw. 

1) I love how I have an inflated sense of self-importance when you equate having a steak in an open restaurant with an act of patriotism rivaling the flag-raising at Iwo Jima. 

2) I was married in southwest Florida and its a lovely place if you don't talk politics, which I avoid out of respect.  Like any state, there's nice places and bad places, but of course, let's insult the other side with our irrelevant opinion, because I'm against everything you are for...just because.

8 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

"The difference between a beer 🍺and your opinion; is that I asked for a beer 🍺."  I must give credit to this fine line to the good folks at Fairport Brewery.  So appropriate in these times.  

Come on now.  You're not a beer drinker.  You're a spritzer drinker, aren't you...  admit it.

16 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Best, the master of deflect and redirect. 

Dicken, a wanna be best.

Deflect and redirect? I point out facts and sources and you insult people.  But keep on screaming about immigration alongside the current administration, while illegal immigrants are imported to work at a certain Florida property.  Starting to wonder who cuts your grass...

And if you think a spritzer is what us effete liberals are drinking these days, your reference is about as dated as your mindset.  It's White Claw and rose; get it right.

DP, I know I promised to stop, but dunking on his ignorance time and time again is starting to get fun. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm simply pointing out two headlines that nbc and cnn have reported on..... which are always gospel facts to you folk..... that report that California has slashed state workers' pay by 10% while at the same time, creating a stimulus package for the illegal immigrants.   It's all fact, coming from your favorite sources.   At least these government workers are still getting paid, while being forced to stay in their homes.  The private sector, the businesses getting forced shut, and all of the workers and their children that suffer...... aren't so lucky as the government folk.  

Edited by uofalbany

5 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

I'm simply pointing out two headlines that nbc and cnn have reported on..... which are always gospel facts to you folk..... that report that California has slashed state workers' pay by 10% while at the same time, creating a stimulus package for the illegal immigrants.   It's all fact, coming from your favorite sources.   At least these government workers are still getting paid, while being forced to stay in their homes.  The private sector, the businesses getting forced shut, and all of the workers and their children that suffer...... aren't so lucky as the government folk.  

Ok, and do you know why? Or did you just read the headline? 

Those 150,000 undocumented workers are the lifeline of the California agricultural business; the private sector of which you speak, that makes California the largest agricultural state in the country. Without those workers, prices would skyrocket, again, hurting businesses and Americans at large, essentially "all of the workers and children that suffer."  They also pay 2.5BILLION in taxes into state and federal governments and receive zero benefits in return. Those are facts from the same CNN and NBC story you just referenced.  

And btw, Newsom also cancelled a healthcare plan that would benefit undocumented immigrants over 65, so I guess it's not all bad news for you..

• Thanks 1

Just now, uofalbany said:

Best, how long are you on lockdown?

Since Mid-March.  My wife and I are both working from home, but we're doing the best we can, understanding the greater good.  I'm still paying my nanny and cleaning folks their regular money, but asking they stay home until it's safer. I also am still letting my gardener and pool guy come, since they are outdoor workers and the chance of spread, according to the science I've read, is much lower outside. We're also ordering from our favorite local, non-chain, small business restaurants to do our best part for the economy and support in our own very small way. 

We also had a lovely social distanced picnic in Griffith Park yesterday abiding by the local public official requests, as most of my neighbors who live in this "hole" are doing.  I live in a walking neighborhood on the way to a major landmark and about 90% of those walking by are wearing masks.  It's a small price to pay to be able get out of the house and ensure our and those around us's safety.

Thanks for asking.  I appreciate your concern; hows by you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Since Mid-March.  My wife and I are both working from home, but we're doing the best we can, understanding the greater good.  I'm still paying my nanny and cleaning folks their regular money, but asking they stay home until it's safer. I also am still letting my gardener and pool guy come, since they are outdoor workers and the chance of spread, according to the science I've read, is much lower outside. We're also ordering from our favorite local, non-chain, small business restaurants to do our best part for the economy and support in our own very small way. 

We also had a lovely social distanced picnic in Griffith Park yesterday abiding by the local public official requests, as most of my neighbors who live in this "hole" are doing.  I live in a walking neighborhood on the way to a major landmark and about 90% of those walking by are wearing masks.  It's a small price to pay to be able get out of the house and ensure our and those around us's safety.

Thanks for asking.  I appreciate your concern; hows by you?

I'm needing to get back to Mexico to check on our English school..  We had to shut down, as per local government edict.   As of now, the city will be shut down until mid June.  As you do, we continue paying our teachers and our manager.  Unfortunately, most people haven't the source of income or stimulus down there, and things are getting very concerning.  Soldiers are monitoring the local hospitals, and are turning away most individuals.  Semi-essential services are prohibited until further notice.  We are doing fine here in FL.   Whether one agrees or not, most of Florida has/is reopening, and seems to be doing very well.   With that said, glad you're doing well.

3 hours ago, uofalbany said:

Come on now.  You're not a beer drinker.  You're a spritzer drinker, aren't you...  admit it.

LOL ☺... Some things need to be kept secret....My suggestion please visit oldeyorkdistillary.com .... Oh my secret is out...