UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

3 hours ago, Eli said:

I will 100% be there. My tickets are paid for already. MBB tickets I haven't paid yet, but if there is a season I'll be there too.

Eli, if I was betting person, a path for fans in the stands is starting to take shape.  With 100 plus days to first home football 🏈game,  there is time for planning for fans in the stands.  Further, if we all take appropriate measures between now and then, the COVID-19 pandemic may not be a concern.  (That is throwing a Hail Mary pass.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Eli, if I was betting person, a path for fans in the stands is starting to take shape.  With 100 plus days to first home football 🏈game,  there is time for planning for fans in the stands.  Further, if we all take appropriate measures between now and then, the COVID-19 pandemic may not be a concern.  (That is throwing a Hail Mary pass.)

And if Undercuffler is throwing it, good chance of a completion! 😝

5 hours ago, blorp said:

I won't be going, but I don't like football, so I wouldn't be there anyway 👍

Honestly, I'm even a little hesitant on basketball until more is known about the impact of covid-19 on blood clotting/PE because I've got a genetic clotting disorder. Here's hoping though!

That's certainly your call I respect that...if there is a season I hope you whoop it up at home cheering this team on.

18 hours ago, Clickclack said:

That's certainly your call I respect that...if there is a season I hope you whoop it up at home cheering this team on.

Maybe I'll still buy my season tickets and just have them place a cardboard cutout of me sitting there. Build a little mechanical skeleton and remotely rig it so I can press a button to stand it up when something cool happens and maybe broadcast my voice and claps from home

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Cuomo announces NY teams can start their training camps etc it appears in preparation for some kind of season. I got a feeling this upcoming year will be held but only with season ticket holders in attendance spaced out all over the gym and stadium.

I concur with your suggestion; based on Roger's comments last week, Mark Benson is waiting on further direction from the governor's office.  I do not see any clarification until mid-June to the first of July for college sports, pro sports sooner.  Everything is baby steps. 

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Cuomo announces NY teams can start their training camps etc it appears in preparation for some kind of season. I got a feeling this upcoming year will be held but only with season ticket holders in attendance spaced out all over the gym and stadium.

I'm okay with that. Refs better not screw it up or I will let em have it! lol jk. Maybe.

• Thanks 1

“Coronavirus Forces 100K NY Small Businesses To Close Permanently”

Small businesses, jobs, livelihoods, even  nursing home residents... all non essential.

How about we end the bull$iena so we all can enjoy some UA football this fall, with fans rocking the stadium.

http://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-forces-100k-ny-small-192934579.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma

Edited by uofalbany

42 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:
  • "Hey Ref Fix your facemask, your missing a great game"
  • "Hey Ref: Go back to quarantine!"
  • That wasn't a foul, he was perfectly social distanced!

I am sure you all can come up with some much better ones than me!

I'm diggin the last two. I'll definitely be using these! hahahaha

Here's some others:

• Hey Ref! You're makin up calls like Cuomo makes up COVID numbers!
  • Hey Ref! You're blowin calls like Cuomo blew the ventilator purchase!
  • Hey Ref! You're balancing the fouls as well as Cuomo balances the budget!

Okay, I'm done making it political again lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hey Ref! Your mother wears an army issue face mask!    (Youngsters won’t get this one)

Hey ref! Did that swab you had shoved up your nose hit your brain?!?!

Come on ref! Fifteen yards for a high five??

Hey ref!! The coach was yelling for a sanitizer break before the clock hit zero!!

Ilegal motion?? Cmon Ref! The nose tackle sneezed!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2