UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Statement:

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2020/7/17/athletics-ualbany-the-america-east-and-the-caa-announce-the-suspension-of-fall-sports.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2k0adA1sOsdfTEDujimWVAtWytLd7oiwmmDklI3rv6D6iyJnXlH-bV6Vg

ALBANY, N.Y. – The University at Albany Department of Athletics, in conjunction with the America East Conference, the Colonial Athletic Association and their member institutions announced Friday the postponement of fall sports competitions amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. 

"The decision to postpone our fall sports season, while extraordinarily difficult, is the right call," said UAlbany Director of Athletics Mark Benson.  "The well-being of our student-athletes is inseparable from the health, safety and well-being of our broader University community.  Postponing the fall season allows UAlbany to focus its full attention on planning for a safe and healthy return to campus life.  In the meantime, we are committed to supporting our fall student-athletes through this difficult period and using this extra time to plan a safe and exciting return to competition for our fall sports during the spring."

Edited by Eli

https://caasports.com/news/2020/7/17/caa-football-votes-to-suspend-conference-competition-in-2020.aspx

Student athletes are NOT in a age group that has issues with the virus.  If they catch it, they get over it with few complications.  Older coaches and staff may be a different issue though.  This is just gonna destroy some careers!

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

https://caasports.com/news/2020/7/17/caa-football-votes-to-suspend-conference-competition-in-2020.aspx

Student athletes are NOT in a age group that has issues with the virus.  If they catch it, they get over it with few complications.  Older coaches and staff may be a different issue though.  This is just gonna destroy some careers!

With due respect, this is NOT accurate.  The latest data does not support it. The average age of infected parties is actually lower these days

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

With due respect, this is NOT accurate.  The latest data does not support it. The average age of infected parties is actually lower these days

I think the point here is that even though positives are spiking in the lower age groups, the seriousness of the illness is much lower in general....barring comorbidities. Positive tests have to be analyzed in terms of outcome rather than raw numbers. Forgetting the actual competition itself, one of the riskiest activities involves gyms. I can’t see where allowing all the other athletic preparation activities outside of actual competition is going to limit spread, except to keep it within the team and trainers. 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:00 PM, Dane96 said:

Sorry but you are not correct.  MOST, way over 99.9% of younger people get infected and recover or are asymptomatic.  Almost NONE of them need to be hospitalized or get worse.   Many people seem to conflate new cases with hospitalizations and deaths. AND that is exactly what the so called 'mainstream' is pushing, mostly by avoiding to give the complete picture.   Keep listening the so-called mainstream.  Do you own research man.  That is just not the case.

In fact in two Florida counties. the health departments or whomever was reporting, reported 98% positives from testing and it was actually 9.8%.  The numbers are being cooked even more than before. The following is just ONE case of correcting the reports!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/florida-labs-found-significantly-inflating-positive-covid-testing-rate

Edited by HOF2013

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Sorry but you are not correct.  MOST, way over 99.9% of younger people get infected and recover or are asymptomatic.  Almost NONE of them need to be hospitalized or get worse.   Many people seem to conflate new cases with hospitalizations and deaths. AND that is exactly what the so called 'mainstream' is pushing, mostly by avoiding to give the complete picture.   Keep listening the so-called mainstream.  Do you own research man.  That is just not the case.

In fact in two Florida counties. the health departments or whomever was reporting, reported 98% positives from testing and it was actually 9.8%.  The numbers are being cooked even more than before. The following is just ONE case of correcting the reports!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/florida-labs-found-significantly-inflating-positive-covid-testing-rate

Speaking of Fake News (or someone is about to do that) anything affiliated with Ben Shapiro ain't exactly news..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Speaking of Fake News (or someone is about to do that) anything affiliated with Ben Shapiro ain't exactly news..

This was uncovered by a TV station in Orlando. A large number of testing sites were reporting 100% or near 100% positives. From what I’ve seen the problem was that they were only reporting the positives and for some reason failing to report the negatives.  So while the new cases were accurately reported, the % positive was badly skewed. People hate Ben because he destroys with logic. But you hold an opinion of him shared by someone I know well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

34 minutes ago, jimbo said:

This was uncovered by a TV station in Orlando. A large number of testing sites were reporting 100% or near 100% positives. From what I’ve seen the problem was that they were only reporting the positives and for some reason failing to report the negatives.  So while the new cases were accurately reported, the % positive was badly skewed. People hate Ben because he destroys with logic. But you hold an opinion of him shared by someone I know well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

There was also the matter of DeSantis firing his head medical statistician right before he did that crazy press conference where he demanded apologies from the press...I imagine that made things more challenging. 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

There was also the matter of DeSantis firing his head medical statistician right before he did that crazy press conference where he demanded apologies from the press...I imagine that made things more challenging. 

Apparently you dislike DeSantis too. But it’s not conceivable to me that she was the only person in all of Florida state government employ who could manage a spreadsheet and add numbers. I don’t see the connection unless you’re saying that DeSantis firing this woman caused the test sites to not report negative tests and I’m really struggling with that one.

40 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Apparently you dislike DeSantis too. But it’s not conceivable to me that she was the only person in all of Florida state government employ who could manage a spreadsheet and add numbers. I don’t see the connection unless you’re saying that DeSantis firing this woman caused the test sites to not report negative tests and I’m really struggling with that one.

When you demand an apology from the media for your handling of the pandemic, and then the pandemic ravages your state because of inaction, no, i'm not a fan of that.  I think his firing of her was initially intended to tamp down any test releasing at all, which is why the results were artificially low in the beginning (I can't find the article, but i think the NYT or WSJ reported it).  Her not being there may be something to do with the data not being analyzed before being released to the press..that is definitely possible.  

15 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

When you demand an apology from the media for your handling of the pandemic, and then the pandemic ravages your state because of inaction, no, i'm not a fan of that.  I think his firing of her was initially intended to tamp down any test releasing at all, which is why the results were artificially low in the beginning (I can't find the article, but i think the NYT or WSJ reported it).  Her not being there may be something to do with the data not being analyzed before being released to the press..that is definitely possible.  

There seems to be some issues involving the person involved, past and current charges of wrongdoing. As usual, it depends which side/news source you want to believe.