UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #8 1/17/21

One of the changes I noticed in Saturday's game was the lineup in the closing minutes of the game.

With 4 or 5 minute left and a couple of point lead, CJ Kelly took an early ill-advised three and then I think turned it over a possession or two later. After that, the lineup of Champion, Horton and Rizzuto closed out the game in the backcourt with Kelly on the bench. Some of that was how well Champion was playing, I'm sure but it'll be interesting to see Kelly adjusts as the season goes on because those kinds of plays are difference makers. He's a super talented player and seems like a really smart guy who will figure it out sooner or later.

• Like 1

Something different?  36 points even though we were 1-9 from three.  Pushing the ball a bit.  Taking shots when available instead of waiting so deep in the shot clock.  Keeping players on the bench that offer ZERO offensively.  

We’ll see if WB can stomach some TO’s and poor shot selection (although there hasn’t been a lot of it).

Edited by McFan

Almost 60% from the floor, but poor from three.  Having athletes out there is helping the offense.  I just think we will not see many minutes fron Hank, Shaffer, Hutch, Lulka, and even Healy for rest of the season.  CB is shortening the bench and the athletes(Rizzuto included with his hustle and motor) are playing well together. Is Anderson hurt?  Amica still has head issue?

5 minutes ago, McFan said:

Back to back games in the 80’s.  Am I wrong or was there a real change in style on the offensive end of the court?  Or is NJIT just a really nice matchup for us?

We played a lot better . But they play little defense.  Next week will be the test to see if we turned the corner.  

We play that soft hedge on defense and it drives me nuts . I may be by design but against the better teams they will eat us alive . 

Nice balanced scoring should give us confidence going into tough games next weekend.  

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

Almost 60% from the floor, but poor from three.  Having athletes out there is helping the offense.  I just think we will not see many minutes fron Hank, Shaffer, Hutch, Lulka, and even Healy for rest of the season.  CB is shortening the bench and the athletes(Rizzuto included with his hustle and motor) are playing well together. Is Anderson hurt?  Amica still has head issue?

Hutch will play a little because of our lack of size . Healy is still playing his way back and I believe will play a nice roll. 

Anderson is absolutely lost and will not play much . 

They are taking their time with Amica. Apparently the head injury was relatively bad and they want to make sure he is ok . 

• Like 1