UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

33 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Can we fire Gatusso already? I mean I don’t like calling for people’s jobs, but if we talking about being mediocre in our programs, this one has been the biggest.

Be careful this talk will be used against you by friends and family. 

Let's all remember, repeat after me...WE ARE A FOOTBALL SCHOOL.

At least we'll always have last season. This season is over...nothing to play for but player development.

Edited by Clickclack

Yep, I've also cancelled. Our offense is a snooze fest and the defense can't stop a nose bleed. Injuries or not, there is no next man up. Last year was a flash in the pan. JUC has seemed to regress considerably this year (first 3 games) but my guess is it's just the terrible play calling which is preventing him from being as explosive as last year. And now he's hurt...so there's that.

I'll continue the game threads and stats tracker but this is definitely a lost season. 1-3 with a short schedule = zero chance for playoffs.

tenor.gif

Edited by Eli

I thought the defense played well enough to win in the last couple of games.

The receiving corp is a mess. There was dropoff from last year, and then the injuries. Can really hope they get some experience in the spring and improve for next fall. Curious if Mofor will play again the fall. I'm surprised we don't have another back to rotate in once in a while. He did a lot of work today.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:46 PM, GreatDanes06 said:

Can we fire Gatusso already? I mean I don’t like calling for people’s jobs, but if we talking about being mediocre in our programs, this one has been the biggest.

When things go south....in particular with a number of teams this weekend .... fire the coach comes out of the mouth of someone...perhaps let the season finish... I know things "look bad"... however 

The problem here is Gatusso NEVER deserved a 5 year extension. One good year and everyone seems to forget the first miserable 6 years of his tenure. I know there is no way UA will buy-out his contract now; but IMHO, I would fire him today, no reason to wait. The team is going no-where, even if they win there last two [which they will not.]  UA is committed because of Benson's contract blunder; no need to wait until the end of the season to acknowledge this. 

Won't happen but fire them BOTH today. Look at the BEATINGS every UA team (except woman's lax) took this weekend. EVERY spring & fall team {except woman's volleyball} has/had a losing or at best mediocre record. Maybe a couple of the spring teams {Men's Lax hopefully} can still turn it around; but the struggles of UA Athletics overall since Benson's arrival are well documented. Not that I am in the WINNING is everything clan, but check any sport and find me a UA team with anything better than a mediocre record in the last 4-5 years? Ok track field maybe, but that is more of an individual sport and even they have been getting more competition in the AmEast lately {a conference that UA use to dominate--when was UA's last commissioner cup??}

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

The problem here is Gatusso NEVER deserved a 5 year extension. One good year and everyone seems to forget the first miserable 6 years of his tenure. I know there is no way UA will buy-out his contract now; but IMHO, I would fire him today, no reason to wait. The team is going no-where, even if they win there last two [which they will not.]  UA is committed because of Benson's contract blunder; no need to wait until the end of the season to acknowledge this. 

Won't happen but fire them BOTH today. Look at the BEATINGS every UA team (except woman's lax) took this weekend. EVERY spring & fall team {except woman's volleyball} has/had a losing or at best mediocre record. Maybe a couple of the spring teams {Men's Lax hopefully} can still turn it around; but the struggles of UA Athletics overall since Benson's arrival are well documented. Not that I am in the WINNING is everything clan, but check any sport and find me a UA team with anything better than a mediocre record in the last 4-5 years? Ok track field maybe, but that is more of an individual sport and even they have been getting more competition in the AmEast lately {a conference that UA use to dominate--when was UA's last commissioner cup??}

Let us blame Mark Benson for the current state of affairs for UAlbany sports.....

Edited by cwdickens
Correction

44 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Let us blame Mark Benson for the current state of affairs for UAlbany sports.....

I mean the buck stops with him ultimately, so...if fans aren't happy, then yes, he should be blamed.

Edited by Eli