UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Killings - Virtual Meet & Greet

It was nice . Nothing crazy stated. I asked a question about how to get more fans in the building.  

Coaches response was that he and his staff are going to try very hard to do that.  Engage students and people in the community.  They have several ideas. 

He also addressed the siena game and it sounds like he knew they needed to come here as well.  

Nothing else really stood out.  Very well spoken and engaging.  Look forward to the season.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

It was nice . Nothing crazy stated. I asked a question about how to get more fans in the building.  

Coaches response was that he and his staff are going to try very hard to do that.  Engage students and people in the community.  They have several ideas. 

He also addressed the siena game and it sounds like he knew they needed to come here as well.  

Nothing else really stood out.  Very well spoken and engaging.  Look forward to the season.  

I concur with your assessment .... Mark Benson did the introduction...AAD & Basketball Supervisor Vic C was the moderator...a number of other UAlbany administrators from alumni association, development and sport administration attended likely around 25% of the 30 or on the zoom...

When come to the Siena game ... my impression: he thinks his relationship with the Siena coach might help.... he did not mention John D'Argenio's name...Coach Killing stated in diplomatic manner that Siena's all games in the T-U is unacceptable....however he did say both teams need to prove that they are the better team....

Coach Killings gave lots of shout outs to his staff....once again pointed out Mark Griffith connection to Siena

Transfer Portel came up ...... He stated his amazement how the transfer portel has taken off...the sheer numbers of student-athletes in the portel...he mention MBB team was in SEFCU having dinner with staff...I concluded he is trying to keep a core group of players...wants the players to get to know his staff

Lastly an acknowledgement to one of the attendees....Ed Sawyer....if you do not know Ed Sawyer.... just look at our scoreboard...and say thanks Ed for his generous gift....the money guy showed up last night...when I thought more of us might show up...

I see more Zoom calls like this in the future...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I concur with your assessment .... Mark Benson did the introduction...AAD & Basketball Supervisor Vic C was the moderator...a number of other UAlbany administrators from alumni association, development and sport administration attended likely around 25% of the 30 or on the zoom...

When come to the Siena game ... my impression: he thinks his relationship with the Siena coach might help.... he did not mention John D'Argenio's name...Coach Killing stated in diplomatic manner that Siena's all games in the T-U is unacceptable....however he did say both teams need to prove that they are the better team....

Coach Killings gave lots of shout outs to his staff....once again pointed out Mark Griffith connection to Siena

Transfer Portel came up ...... He stated his amazement how the transfer portel has taken off...the sheer numbers of student-athletes in the portel...he mention MBB team was in SEFCU having dinner with staff...I concluded he is trying to keep a core group of players...wants the players to get to know his staff

Lastly an acknowledgement to one of the attendees....Ed Sawyer....if you do not know Ed Sawyer.... just look at our scoreboard...and say thanks Ed for his generous gift....the money guy showed up last night...when I thought more of us might show up...

I see more Zoom calls like this in the future...

I did not watch the zoom, but, if people are not familiar, Ed Swyer is the primary owner of Stuyvesant Plaza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1