UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

No Jets, Heat, F1 or MotoGP today so I had time...

Key takeaways:

• Team is very good OOC, at least at home.
  • Team is VERY bad in conference, home or away, winning only a third of the games.
  • In 8 years, we are 12 games below .500.
  • On average, Gattuso lead Albany teams in the CAA lose by nearly 2 scores, so the constant post-game/post-season mantra of "we were so close" is bogus. Bob Ford, in his lone CAA season, lost games on average by 17.6 points with a bunch of NEC players and a scholarship disadvantage.

2021-10-17-18-23-30-UAlbany-Football-Sch

2021-10-17-18-33-19-UAlbany-Football-Sch

Edited by Eli

In today's Gazette, there's an article meant to break down this team's 2 year tumble. It's not encouraging in any sense. The three areas cited by the reporter are offensive collapse, special teams mishaps/performance and "leveraging of points." The last apparently referring to the team winning close games in 2019 vs losing them all this year. GG says that there is no answer and that they just need to make plays in critical situations (Captain Obvious?). The article also points out how Mofor has been almost exclusively the runner...apparently only 12 runs by anyone else since the beginning of 2021! GG says "we have to get another running back going." Call me crazy, but how about putting another RB in the game and handing him the ball? There's 6 other RBs. Are they all injured? Incompetent? Again, put someone else in the game and hand them the ball. I plan on going to the game today...intend on cheering when appropriate. If they look like they came to play, I might stick around for the second half. Let's try Carino for a while too. A change of pace with a capable running QB might be a plus. I hate the Sussman play.....guy sits on the bench all game and then you bring in a running QB on a 3rd and short....and everyone on the D knows EXACTLY what is about to happen. Ah heck.....this season is toast. If they flatten again, the tix go unused. 

• Thanks 1

Can't read the article due to TU's paywall but if it's anything like his commentary in the past, why is he always putting players and coaches on notice but never himself? I'd gain a massive ton of respect for him if he said something like, "you know, if I can't win more games then I'd fire me too!" or something lol. Clown show.

I will once again be watching this game late tonight on replay because I can't be bothered to make time for it during a day off. If I was still in Albany, don't know if I'd even attend. Every week it feels like we hit rock bottom but every week we learn that there is more to the bottom than we thought.