UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Through 9 games, UA running backs not named Mofor have exactly 11 carries. Are they that bad? Is the recruiting that awful? Is the team not interested in developing the next ball carrier? I flat do not get it. The only explanation I can think of is that they are trying to get his numbers pumped up so he’s got a chance at the NFL. Forty five carries in one game?? Up 20-7 with 5 min left and they run KM three plays straight? Zero player development for 2022. All in to save their coaching jobs? 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, Eli said:

Between 1st and 2nd Q's...'nuff said:

2021-11-06-20-33-27-2021-New-Hampshire-v

lol, I turned it on just now and only managed to just skip around the game to watch some quick spots. I'd rather watch literally anything else. Completely disinterested.

Congrats to the kids for not going winless...but also booo that we aren't going winless lol.

I like to see a picture of the stands for the 3rd quarter... as my wife stated, "M....., the lower stands, Key Bank Berm and the South End viewing area has filled in nicely....what I see in the picture are "true blue" Great Dane fans.... not the monday morning quarterbacks found here... whose only solution is to fire Greg ...No one, with the exception of one person (return to the NEC), has offered solutions or ideas if GG era comes to an end after the season.

Edited by cwdickens
grammer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I like to see a picture of the stands for the 3rd quarter... as my wife stated, "M....., the lower stands, Key Bank Berm and the South End viewing area has filled in nicely....what I see in the picture are "true blue" Great Dane fans.... not the monday morning quarterbacks found here... who only solution is to fire Greg ...No one, with the exception of one person (return to the NEC), has offered solutions or ideas if GG era comes to an end after the season.

So then walk over to the berm, take a picture, and post it. No one is stopping you.

According to ESPN reported attendance numbers, we are averaging 5,335 fans a game which I don't buy for one second. UAlbany is fibbin through their GG-is-1and8 colored teeth.

• vs URI: 8,144
  • vs Villanova: 7,121
  • vs Maine: 3,089
  • vs New Hampshire: 2,988

My guess is they are counting season tickets in that count, not the actual scan of tickets that walk through the entrance, because there is no way there is 3k last two games considering I took that screenshot between 1st and 2nd Q when only a few people go for concessions (unlike half-time where the amount is much greater). In fact, like 10-15 minutes before game time when the live feed first turned on, the stands were virtually empty.

If I had to guess, the last two games, we had probably closer to 1,500 actual butts in seats. So even if the numbers are fibbed (100% they are IMO), just look at the TANKING of numbers from games 1-2 to games 3-4 for everything you need to know about this program. We are hemorrhaging fans at an alarming rate.

I'll continue Monday morning QB'ing, thanks for your concern.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ok. I’m gonna stick my two cents in. As a proud MMQB, I must say that there are all sorts of people who attend games. Some, I would hazard a guess at most of the students, are there for something to do and the social atmosphere rather than actually watching a game. Some are casual fans who rah rah and clap, but otherwise couldn’t care less who wins. Others are serious fans who feel bad for the team, but in reality have invested little or nothing. Then there’s the diehards who bleed purple and who have invested countless hours and countless dollars supporting UALBANY sports. When their team loses, it’s like a gut punch. I’d guess most of the folks on BPF are in the last two categories. The MMQBs you refer to are kind of like the Twitter mobs that emerge from the net to amplify  their small numbers with vitriolic tweets that catch the attention of the media. We are probably small in number, but seem to chew up a lot of space on here. That’s true. Sometimes things get overheated. But we have also hoped for better, such as the 2019 result. Kind of gave them a pass in spring 2021 because of covid and injury issues. But honestly, to go from a playoff berth to an 0-8 start really is unacceptable. Options are limited. A new coach is the simplest way to try and turn it around. The proof is in the record and a failure to show an upward arc in performance. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I like to see a picture of the stands for the 3rd quarter... as my wife stated, "M....., the lower stands, Key Bank Berm and the South End viewing area has filled in nicely....what I see in the picture are "true blue" Great Dane fans.... not the monday morning quarterbacks found here... whose only solution is to fire Greg ...No one, with the exception of one person (return to the NEC), has offered solutions or ideas if GG era comes to an end after the season.

You want a solution? Get a coach who doesn't suck...! How many more losing season before we can retire the tired mantra of look at you Monday morning QB's, you know nothing about football....blah blah blah. What...you need to be an expert football analysist to break down his horrendous record here? There used to be a brave poster around here who for years defended GG...even he's quiet. Probably has come to the same realization many of us came to years ago...no further analysis of GG is needed, this record is all the indictment one needs of his abilities. I look forward to him getting $iena-canned! When that happens...and it will, him cleaning out his office will be the second best thing he's done for UA football, second after his one good season. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once again, all anyone is doing is repeating themselves, so why not allow me that opportunity, I have copy and pasted my comments before and after the Maine game:

On 10/23/2021 at 9:42 AM, cwdickens said:

Lifted from today's Albany Times - Union .... oh... really coach Greg ... you think this is going to work: UAlbany football coach puts staff on notice after 0-6 start

Perhaps, Mark Benson put Greg on notice after the game....watched Mark Benson and Vic Cegles chat on the sidelines late in the 2nd half, both looked disgusted ... Very similar look they had in Hartford last March 2021.  As my wife stated, the coach knows his fate...the team knows his fate...and if you have taken the time to listen to their families...they know his fate

New comment: The one thing I see coming from recent comments about the attendance is a total disrespect for our student-athlete families, friends and supporters of UAlbany who have decided to attend these games... in hopes of better days to come

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Once again, all anyone is doing is repeating themselves, so why not allow me that opportunity, I have copy and pasted my comments before and after the Maine game:

On 10/23/2021 at 9:42 AM, cwdickens said:

Lifted from today's Albany Times - Union .... oh... really coach Greg ... you think this is going to work: UAlbany football coach puts staff on notice after 0-6 start

Perhaps, Mark Benson put Greg on notice after the game....watched Mark Benson and Vic Cegles chat on the sidelines late in the 2nd half, both looked disgusted ... Very similar look they had in Hartford last March 2021.  As my wife stated, the coach knows his fate...the team knows his fate...and if you have taken the time to listen to their families...they know his fate

New comment: The one thing I see coming from recent comments about the attendance is a total disrespect for our student-athlete families, friends and supporters of UAlbany who have decided to attend these games... in hopes of better days to come

I'm quite confused by your posts. Are you saying GG should go or stay?  And how is anyone on this board going to say what the solution is if GG goes?  No one here knows what the coaching landscape will look like in the offseason.  No one here is going to offer up names if that is what you are looking for.  Get rid of GG and move on.  Do a thorough search and find someone. Would suck if he sucks too but what we do know is THIS right now is not working and hasn't for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am also confused.  But if you are looking for names, Dickens, here is an off the top of the head set that by no means is fully inclusive and pure spitballing, and in no order.

The unlikely to happen list:

Tem Lukabu- DC Boston College

Frank Cignetti JR- OC Boston College

Sean Duggan- LB Coach Boston College

Randy Bates- DC Pitt 

Gerard Parker- OC WVU 

Anthony Poindexter- CO-OC Penn State 

Brent Pry- DC Penn State

Take a look at list:

Kent Austin- OC Liberty

Bob Chesney- HC Holy Cross

Jeff Gallo- OC Monmouth

Chris Boden- OC Villanova

William Fiacchi- WR/Recruiting Albany

Manny Rojas- DC Delaware

Mike Shanahan- OC JMU

Corey Hetherman- DC JMU

Patrick Murphy- OC JMU

Again, just spitballing without even having had breakfast yet. 

• Thanks 1