UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 hours ago, dslyank said:

WOW. NOT a single comment on this article. Football apathy has reached zenith???????

Has football apathy reached its zenith or has football support reached its nadir?

This inquiring mind wants to know…but it still doesn't give a $iena about this game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to say that some of the comments in the Syracuse game thread are not aging particularly well. Naming no names, but I’m wondering if a couple of members would like to weigh in after 5 more losses...11 in a row for those keeping count at home. It’s tough right now. I’d like to root for the team so that they get a win or two to reward them for their efforts. On the other hand, I don’t want some mirage of “we are turning it around” to cloud the dismal lack of success under GG. I’ve met him. Seems like a nice fellow. But you don’t get paid 300k to be a nice fellow. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

I have to say that some of the comments in the Syracuse game thread are not aging particularly well. Naming no names, but I’m wondering if a couple of members would like to weigh in after 5 more losses...11 in a row for those keeping count at home. It’s tough right now. I’d like to root for the team so that they get a win or two to reward them for their efforts. On the other hand, I don’t want some mirage of “we are turning it around” to cloud the dismal lack of success under GG. I’ve met him. Seems like a nice fellow. But you don’t get paid 300k to be a nice fellow. 

James Madison to the FBS Sun Belt.

UAlbany to the dregs of D1.

BENSON!!?!??!?!?

38 minutes ago, haggyland said:

James Madison to the FBS Sun Belt.

UAlbany to the dregs of D1.

BENSON!!?!??!?!?

Was just going to post that.  JMU to move all 19 sports to Sunbelt effective June 2022.  Usually growing pains in football moving up but they are always competitive in FBS games so they might fit in right away.  Only issue is the CAA told them no CAA championships after they announce the move.  That will affect most sports this winter and Spring but since football has no conference playoffs, I assume they can get an at-large bid.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, dslyank said:

WOW. NOT a single comment on this article. Football apathy has reached zenith???????

What's there to talk about... he'll win a game or two and will try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes ..see....I'm headed in the right direction. His career is irredeemable here at UA. He deserves no more chances. Although I've long predicted that even if he goes winless (appears he won't) this season...he will be back to coach out contract. The scary thing is what happens if this perennial loser pulls a rabbit out of his hat in a walk season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Was just going to post that.  JMU to move all 19 sports to Sunbelt effective June 2022.  Usually growing pains in football moving up but they are always competitive in FBS games so they might fit in right away.  Only issue is the CAA told them no CAA championships after they announce the move.  That will affect most sports this winter and Spring but since football has no conference playoffs, I assume they can get an at-large bid.

Good for JMU. Where does that leave the CAA? The bloom will definitely be off the rose for football. JMU was the only team to crack the top 100 on Sagarin this week. Villanova was 128, which would put it mid pack in the MVC and just making the top third in the Big Sky. For whatever reason, recruiting disadvantage, budget, coaching, etc, the CAA for football is in danger of becoming a second tier FCS conference. It'll be interesting to see who gets the at large bids this year.

Oh, and congrats to the Danes. Off the schneid as Berman used to say...maybe he still does...

Edited by jimbo

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Laughable that no one is commenting and watching.  I’m the true sucker today. Like a bad relationship, I’m sucked in.  I need therapy. 

took us 4 plays to score from the 1. 

Between 1st and 2nd Q's...'nuff said:

2021-11-06-20-33-27-2021-New-Hampshire-v

lol, I turned it on just now and only managed to just skip around the game to watch some quick spots. I'd rather watch literally anything else. Completely disinterested.

Congrats to the kids for not going winless...but also booo that we aren't going winless lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1