UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SPORTS
UAlbany football coach focused on team, not job security
Gattuso's future with Great Danes uncertain with team off to 0-8 start
Photo of Mark Singelais
Mark Singelais

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-coach-focused-on-team-not-job-16589165.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email

If the above link does not work; just hit the tu link above and scan down to story.

"It's not something that I pay attention to. Coaches around the country, we live this life, we know what happens when it's good. We know what can happen when it's bad. We're just trying to win football games, man."  Greg most notable comment from the article, like many from this forum, he is waiting to see what happens at season's end.

23 hours ago, dslyank said:

SPORTS
UAlbany football coach focused on team, not job security
Gattuso's future with Great Danes uncertain with team off to 0-8 start
Photo of Mark Singelais
Mark Singelais

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-coach-focused-on-team-not-job-16589165.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email

If the above link does not work; just hit the tu link above and scan down to story.

WOW. NOT a single comment on this article. Football apathy has reached zenith???????

45 minutes ago, dslyank said:

WOW. NOT a single comment on this article. Football apathy has reached zenith???????

Yep. I only watch to see how much of a joke we are on any given Saturday. I have zero other interest in reading anything about Can't Win A Game Gattuso, etc. Just sitting here counting down the days until he is no longer an employee of our beloved university.

BTW: Article is behind a paywall. Anytime I hit a paywall for a new site, I nope right out and move on with life.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eli said:

Yep. I only watch to see how much of a joke we are on any given Saturday. I have zero other interest in reading anything about Can't Win A Game Gattuso, etc. Just sitting here counting down the days until he is no longer an employee of our beloved university.

BTW: Article is behind a paywall. Anytime I hit a paywall for a new site, I nope right out and move on with life.

Install the duck duck go browser on your phone. You can clear your history and cookies and it will reset your views of a site. I mean we should support the local media and help them stay in business with paying for their services, but the paywall article issue is a non-issue if you use that browser.

As far as the team goes: I went the first home game of the year and traveled to Syracuse to see them in the dome, but have not used my season tickets since. I have great seats and a SEFCU parking pass and I can't find anyone to GIVE them to, much less try to get a few bucks for them. I have lost all interest in the team. I was never a football guy to start with, but definitely had fun going to the game with family and/or friends. Now it feels like an utter waste of money. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dslyank said:

We have spent the last 7 weeks discussing Gattuso effectiveness as a coach.... is there really anything to add to the "wood pile"....it just needs a match....

Edited by cwdickens
grammer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

NWS weather forecast for Casey Stadium on Saturday:

Sunny, with a high near 51. Light south wind.

Sounds like a nice day to do something outside that's fun, relaxing and rewarding.....in other words, not this game....

7 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Install the duck duck go browser on your phone. You can clear your history and cookies and it will reset your views of a site. I mean we should support the local media and help them stay in business with paying for their services, but the paywall article issue is a non-issue if you use that browser.

As far as the team goes: I went the first home game of the year and traveled to Syracuse to see them in the dome, but have not used my season tickets since. I have great seats and a SEFCU parking pass and I can't find anyone to GIVE them to, much less try to get a few bucks for them. I have lost all interest in the team. I was never a football guy to start with, but definitely had fun going to the game with family and/or friends. Now it feels like an utter waste of money. 

It is still a Mark S article. Not sure if it is even worth reading for free 

I will be there Saturday for both games at the stadium. Not expecting much out of the first game

• Haha 2