UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #25: 2/12/22 - 7:00PM vs Vermont

Eli

Last Up: L (73-63) vs Maine
Next Up: vs Vermont (19-4, 11-0 AE - just obliterated Binghamton by nearly 30)
Date: 2/12/22 @ 7:00PM
TV/Streaming: ESPN3
Local Radio: ESPN Radio 104.5 FM
ESPN Matchup Predictor: 21.6% chance of a UAlbany win

2022-02-10-00-44-51-UAlbany-Basketball-S

I venture to say....there will be more UVM fans in the seats at SEFCU then UAlbany fans with no hockey in Burlington on Saturday.... another disappointing amount of Great Dane fans in the building on Wednesday ... thank the lord for the Guilderland Elementary School Chorus....highlight of the evening

Just now, godanesgo99 said:

A Wednesday night game against Maine isn't gonna draw that much of a crowd no matter how well the team is playing. Hard to get excited for it. I have great seats and a parking pass, couldn't go last night because of a conflict, and I couldn't find anyone to give them to.

I have yet to miss a home game this year, I witnessed the trend towards smaller crowds ... particularly many of the former players from Doc Sauers years have stopped coming.....yes, Saturday will likely bring out more Great Dane fans....the potential of a Green Wave exists... not only from the North....but there are many UVM grads and fans in the Albany area.

As I have said before , this year every win is a good win.  Next year is a different story.  I expect a good team next year.  With the portal there is no excuse.  

Got to get back to playing good defense to have a chance of winning games.  

Edited by UA1882

The talent disparity was very clear today. Neely no doubt will take another ROW and at this point looks like a run-away for ROY. What a great building block. The rest of the team just doesn't have talent to hang with UVM. Excited for DK's ability to identify talent and bring it here. Expecting a big spring recruiting period if Beagle and Neely are any indications. 

• Like 1

Watched the first half, but not the second. Just looking at the box score it looks pretty even, except for what Eli points out...fouls. I think that’s indicative of the overall talent differential. But I’ve been known to be wrong...you can ask my wife. 🤣

And what about the attendance? Looked pretty bad on TV. Was weather a problem?

Edited by jimbo

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

Watched the first half, but not the second. Just looking at the box score it looks pretty even, except for what Eli points out...fouls. I think that’s indicative of the overall talent differential. But I’ve been known to be wrong...you can ask my wife. 🤣

And what about the attendance? Looked pretty bad on TV. Was weather a problem?

Weather not an issue, just colder then what has been for a few days....less UVM fans in the stands then I expected...perhaps just easier to watch from home.....not a huge amount of UAlbany students 

When you lose to the worse team and the best team in the conference in back to back games.... you are looking at a possible 1st conference game on the road:

2021-22 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Vermont 12-0 1.000 20-4 .833 W14
Stony Brook * 7-5 .583 15-10 .600 W2
UMBC 7-5 .583 12-11 .522 L1
Binghamton 7-6 .538 10-12 .455 L2
New Hampshire 6-6 .500 11-10 .524 W1
UAlbany 6-7 .462 10-15 .400 L2
UMass Lowell 5-7 .417 13-11 .542 W1
Hartford 4-6 .400 6-16 .273 W1
NJIT 5-8 .385 10-13 .435 L1
Maine 2-11 .154 5-19 .208 L1