UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #28: 2/23/22 - 7:00PM at Maine

Eli

18 minutes ago, McFan said:

And apparently he did.  Down what 15 at one point, on the road and you come out with the W. 

Yes they did . But I would argue they won despite the coaching. Too many examples to list , but look at the time out with 50 seconds left and the shot they got out of it. 

I have zero problem losing because of lack of talent. I have a big problem if it's coaching.  However coaches will have bad games , especially new ones. 

Glad they got the win . In the end that's all that matters. 

We are guaranteed a .500 conference record now as we are 9-7 with 2 games to go. For a first-year coach with a new system and a lot of new players, I'll take it ALL DAY. Great job by DK and staff figuring it out as the year went out. Our record likely would have been better if we hadn't scheduled such a strong OOC but I think it may just yet pay dividends when it matters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

What a disaster...getting smoked by one of the worst teams in the country...again! 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Embarrassing performance so far. Turned it off. 

When are some of you people going to learn not to give up on this team in the first half?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Give me a break...you didn't think the first half was a disaster? Sigh....Did I call them game? When I posted that they were down 15 I believe. 

And it was still the first half. Happens over and over, in multiple sports. DISASTER!!! CALAMITY!!! and twenty minutes later they take the lead.

Haven't seen it yet, I was at the women's game. 

4 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

And it was still the first half. Happens over and over, in multiple sports. DISASTER!!! CALAMITY!!! and twenty minutes later they take the lead.

Haven't seen it yet, I was at the women's game. 

Then maybe you shouldn't talk or read game day threads where people are blogging live as to what's going on in the game....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

When are some of you people going to learn not to give up on this team in the first half?

As I get older, I am losing patience with sports teams. Sticking around for disappointment after disappointment didn’t work well for me. I tuned back in with about five left, saw they were tied...then fell fast asleep. Glad they won. Good to get a W after digging a huge hole. I don’t give up on the team so much as look for something to watch that’s more entertaining. I am a die hard, life long NY Giants fan that used to watch till the bitter end EVERY WEEK. That stopped about 6 years ago. Team playing like crap, I turn it off, watch something else or do something with a greater reward. We each have our ways.

8 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I would also state its a message board.  I don't think it's wrong to give real time reactions to what is going on. 

We were playing poorly and getting out coached.  I think we can all agree in those facts and state those facts.  

The team turned it around and beat a very bad team on the road.  Good for them.  This year is about growing and I believe both the team and coaching staff did that. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I would also state its a message board.  I don't think it's wrong to give real time reactions to what is going on. 

We were playing poorly and getting out coached.  I think we can all agree in those facts and state those facts.  

The team turned it around and beat a very bad team on the road.  Good for them.  This year is about growing and I believe both the team and coaching staff did that. 

We were playing poorly.  I’m not sure we can say that we were being out coached is a “fact”.  We had players in foul trouble early including our most valuable player.  We couldn’t hit a shot for a long stretch.  Missed a handful of free throws (including front ends).  I’m not sure I lump that into coaching.  

Horton dominated the second half.  If he doesn’t commit a stupid reach foul we never go down by 15.

Edited by McFan