UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 4 at UMass -Amherst 3/8/22

MAR 8 (TUE) 3:00 PM

AT 
AMHERST, MASS.

Record:

TURNOVERS again!!!!  Guys getting caught flat footed and then throwing the ball away AGAIN.  Same guys every game so far!!!!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

The defense is atrocious.  Defenders don't even see attackmen sneaking behind them leaving guys on the doorstep to score.  Add that to hideous passes on offense and we get a lousy team.  I know we were spoiled with the Thompson era and the Fields era, but we had other solid players to compliment them.  Just don't see any solid group out there to even build a winning team soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

The defense is atrocious.  Defenders don't even see attackmen sneaking behind them leaving guys on the doorstep to score.  Add that to hideous passes on offense and we get a lousy team.  I know we were spoiled with the Thompson era and the Fields era, but we had other solid players to compliment them.  Just don't see any solid group out there to even build a winning team soon.

I've been biting my tongue for awhile. I don't know what is going on, but the defense in particular while they have decent one on one skill, the overall lacrosse IQ just isn't there.

• Like 2

On pace to give up 18 goals today.  I do like Whitcomb and hope he stays for 3 more years but he can't outscore opponents when the D is AWOL.  Can't imagine the results vs Maryland, Yale, Cuse, and Penn coming up.  And no one should be satisfied beating the LCC's, Bing's, or Lowells of the world.  This program has been way past that for 15 years.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Gash has left his man twice for easy goals, Pepe leaving his man for a goal, and a bad turnover.  

Pepe has allowed three goals [maybe 35], very slow on his feet and on slides. Gash one that I saw.  Several just def getting caught flat footed and the attack stepping around them and scoring, being totally OUT HUSTLED, bad passes and unforced turnovers AGAIN.  How can our wings never get a ground ball????????        Coach keeps sticking with the same sub lines??  A LOT of Attack subs.................not jelling well.    How can we NOT take a shot 3 or 4 possessions??   What do I know though??  

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Pepe has allowed three goals, very slow on his feet and on slides. Gash one that I saw.  Several just def getting caught flat footed and the attack stepping around them and scoring, being totally OUT HUSTLED, bad passes and unforced turnovers AGAIN.  How can our wings never get a ground ball????????        Coach keeps sticking with the same sub lines??  A LOT of Attack subs.................not jelling well.    How can we NOT take a shot 3 or 4 possessions??   What do I know though??  

You know a lot. It is painfully obvious.