UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

An Important and Interesting Off-season

29 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Two thoughts...

1) Money to good to pass up at ND

2) Everyone running out the door considering what has transpired with HC...

Time will tell which it is. 

Clickclack  ..... time does not have to pass on your thoughts .... both are on target .... what three assistants out the door .... looking for a top notch assistant at this time of year not good .... perhaps Jamar Wilson may be coming back as an assistant ....

• Now has his Master's Degree
  • Not playing professional ball
  • DK has stopped in visited Jamar Wilson ..... around the same time Jon Iati and Jamar Wilson were together 

24 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Clickclack  ..... time does not have to pass on your thoughts .... both are on target .... what three assistants out the door .... looking for a top notch assistant at this time of year not good .... perhaps Jamar Wilson may be coming back as an assistant ....

• Now has his Master's Degree
  • Not playing professional ball
  • DK has stopped in visited Jamar Wilson ..... around the same time Jon Iati and Jamar Wilson were together 

Unless Jamar's family is moving with him from Finland, I don't see him coming to Coach.  I also don't necessarily think it is a good thing as much as we all adore Jamar.  Right now, we need a top assistant tactician (with experience), a DBO, and a recruiter.  I don't see Jamar as a DBO type...and he isn't ready for a top assistant role. 

Who knows, maybe this is the next step for Jamar...and I think he's enough removed from Brown (meaning not on his staff) to make this happen.  But we really need a recruiter. 

• Like 1

I apologize for this post having not much to do with the rest of this string or UA basketball.  I heard Wyland's interview with Brian Fruscio this afternoon.  Fruscio is leaving Albany Academy to become head coach at Canterbury School in Connecticut, where the coach left to become an assistant at UMBC because Josh Pelliitier left UMBC.  Most of you know much more about how all this works than I do, but, I was surprised to learn that being an AE assistant was a step up from being a prep/boarding school head coach.

Also, Nick Fruscio is an assistant at the same JC in Florida where Cece Mayo spent her year between playing at UAlbany and Indiana State.

If this needs to be deleted for being irrelevant to this string, I'm OK with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, statefan said:

I apologize for this post having not much to do with the rest of this string or UA basketball.  I heard Wyland's interview with Brian Fruscio this afternoon.  Fruscio is leaving Albany Academy to become head coach at Canterbury School in Connecticut, where the coach left to become an assistant at UMBC because Josh Pelliitier left UMBC.  Most of you know much more about how all this works than I do, but, I was surprised to learn that being an AE assistant was a step up from being a prep/boarding school head coach.

Also, Nick Fruscio is an assistant at the same JC in Florida where Cece Mayo spent her year between playing at UAlbany and Indiana State.

If this needs to be deleted for being irrelevant to this string, I'm OK with that.

Most people here can connect the UAlbany dots in your comments plus your comments were informative

19 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Unless Jamar's family is moving with him from Finland, I don't see him coming to Coach.  I also don't necessarily think it is a good thing as much as we all adore Jamar.  Right now, we need a top assistant tactician (with experience), a DBO, and a recruiter.  I don't see Jamar as a DBO type...and he isn't ready for a top assistant role. 

Who knows, maybe this is the next step for Jamar...and I think he's enough removed from Brown (meaning not on his staff) to make this happen.  But we really need a recruiter. 

Hard to explain why DK drove 4 hours down to Centereach unless he saw value:

Verified
Talk about the epitome of character. Drove 4 hours to visit me and break bread. @dkillings really is different. @ualbany is in great hands. Looking forward to @ualbany_mbb continued success. Appreciate you coach 💜💛. #uauknow

Verified
Fishing or Catching 🎣. 📸 @montauk_fishing_charters #hammertime

Lastly catching up with the Iati's:

Great night out with my brother! ( Oh and Jacob was there too )😂😂

On 6/29/2022 at 9:33 AM, UAalum72 said:

Summer workouts and summer youth camp started Monday

https://wnyt.com/sports/ualbany-mens-basketball-hosts-youth-summer-camp/6512758/

Not sure where to put this, but nice article in TU today about DK volunteering in the community:

https://digital.olivesoftware.com/olive/odn/albanytimesunion/default.aspx

OT As a side note my wife and I have been volunteering at Grassroots Givers since 2016-17. We deliver the books to the Albany City schools every month. The article said ½ million books sine 2009; so I guess we’ve done 100000 or so.  

Anyhow nice to see DK building community support

edit, I guess the link above does not work. It did work when I tested but now requires a digital sign-in for some reason. If anyone knows or wants to see the article and perhaps fix the link; it was in Wednesday 7/27 Paul Grondahll section.C1 & C4.  SORRY!

Edited by dslyank

On 7/27/2022 at 8:47 PM, dslyank said:

Not sure where to put this, but nice article in TU today about DK volunteering in the community:

https://digital.olivesoftware.com/olive/odn/albanytimesunion/default.aspx

OT As a side note my wife and I have been volunteering at Grassroots Givers since 2016-17. We deliver the books to the Albany City schools every month. The article said ½ million books sine 2009; so I guess we’ve done 100000 or so.  

Anyhow nice to see DK building community support

edit, I guess the link above does not work. It did work when I tested but now requires a digital sign-in for some reason. If anyone knows or wants to see the article and perhaps fix the link; it was in Wednesday 7/27 Paul Grondahll section.C1 & C4.  SORRY!

Yes, I agree that DK volunteering in the community is nice; however this is not unique to DK ....all UAlbany Sports teams and coaches complete community service projects in the greater Capital District during and off the school year ....  something that has going on long before DK arrived on the scene

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Yes, I agree that DK volunteering in the community is nice; however this is not unique to DK ....all UAlbany Sports teams and coaches complete community service projects in the greater Capital District during and off the school year ....  something that has going on long before DK arrived on the scene

Exactly.  Look at what Brown did for Coaches vs. Cancer.  I should say Brown and his family, as Jamie played a big role as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Men’s Basketball Adds Bobby Jordan to Staff

After spending time at Wagner College, traveled with his head coach to St Peters .... the MAAC champs and dream team of the past NCAA MBB Tournament .... now "abruptly" comes here ... there is an interesting comment on social media from a member of St Peters sports conditioning unit

Coach Killings is extending his reach to the coaches of northern Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties by hosting a coaches clinic at Saratoga Middle School, Thursday August 25,   albany_mbb 🚨 Coach Killings and staff are hosting a Coaches Clinic with some special Guest Speakers!! 🚨

#BeGreat #MENTALITY

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UAlbany MBB Special Event at The Schuyler Meadows Club featuring Dwayne Killings and members of the UAlbany MBB Team on September 14, 2022: Follow the link to learn more: UAlbany Alumni Online Community - UAlbany Men's Basketball Special Event at Schuyler Meadows Club

Edited by cwdickens
clarify