UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Get off Your Butts.... Come to John Fallon Field and Support UAlbany WLAX at 2:00 PM

If there is ever a day that Great Dane Athletes could use your support .... today is the day .... I have seen a handful games this season .... yes the women's game is different than the men's game however ..... our women athletes play a great game and deserve our support and our voices in the stands .... we need to seek our revenge against this green tide called Vermont

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

If there is ever a day that Great Dane Athletes could use your support .... today is the day .... I have seen a handful games this season .... yes the women's game is different than the men's game however ..... our women athletes play a great game and deserve our support and our voices in the stands .... we need to seek our revenge against this green tide called Vermont

Done! Will be there cheering on the Lady Danes.

43 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Is it sold out? Trying to buy a seat and it tells me "No seats found that match your request. for NTI"

Certainly didn't look sold out when I walked over to baseball. Sign pointing towards north ticket window of football stadium saying buy tickets here

29 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

The ball went in before the clock hit zeros.  All the league needs to do is slow the tape up.  It literally looks like a half second left. 

Not according to our announcers....but what do they know?

26 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

I was behind the goal and the horn sounded before she got the shot off. But is the horn electronically connected to the clock or manually controlled?

I literally replayed the game three times.  So the question comes down to: what was the TV clock connected to.  The TV clock showed the ball out of the pocket at .07...in goal at .03ish.  

When I heard the announcers i said, "WHAT?!".  You could not hear the horn on tv.  So, if the clock is connected to the field clock...that was a goal.  

Despite the video evidence, the only question here is who or what keeps official time and if the TV time is synced to the official time. Without that , it’s not “official”. And without replay, whatever the officials say is the end...it’s the end. 

4th    00:01    PEZZIMENTI, Joey (5)    PISENO, Jake    19    11.  In the mens' last home game against PENN, Pessimenti let go a shot definitely after the hour sounded. The official immediately raised his hands goal. I was sure it was going to be disallowed; but was not. I assumed the officials took pity on UA the game/season was over and the goal meant nothing; so they allowed it. Someone walking out said the horn is NOT official; only the sideline clock is. Checked the box when I got home and found they officially credited the goal at 00.01. Don't know how/why the clock and the horn are independent?? Don't know who was right/wrong yesterday; just reporting what I saw & heard after the PENN game.

Just now, dslyank said:

4th    00:01    PEZZIMENTI, Joey (5)    PISENO, Jake    19    11.  In the mens' last home game against PENN, Pessimenti let go a shot definitely after the hour sounded. The official immediately raised his hands goal. I was sure it was going to be disallowed; but was not. I assumed the officials took pity on UA the game/season was over and the goal meant nothing; so they allowed it. Someone walking out said the horn is NOT official; only the sideline clock is. Checked the box when I got home and found they officially credited the goal at 00.01. Don't know how/why the clock and the horn are independent?? Don't know who was right/wrong yesterday; just reporting what I saw & heard after the PENN game.

All correct...the horn is not official, and the game tv clock is the actual scorer's clock...they are tied into the same system.  Fact is, UA tied the game up yesterday, full stop. 

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Fact is, UA tied the game up yesterday, full stop. 

I was NOT disputing this; just wondering how/why the clock & horn are not on the same system or synced?  Did not see or watch the game yesterday. Why was the goal disallowed? Did the Ref. not know the horn was UNOFFICIAL?  In a basically meaningless game vs Penn the Ref. knew the clock ruled. In a tournament baring game yesterday, no body new the correct rule and there was no way to review????

Just now, dslyank said:

I was NOT disputing this; just wondering how/why the clock & horn are not on the same system or synced?  Did not see or watch the game yesterday. Why was the goal disallowed? Did the Ref. not know the horn was UNOFFICIAL?  In a basically meaningless game vs Penn the Ref. knew the clock ruled. In a tournament baring game yesterday, no body new the correct rule and there was no way to review????

I know you weren't...i was agreeing with you.