UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Last Up: L (36-14) @ Stony Brook (Nov. 2021)
Next Up: @ Baylor (12-2, 7-2 in BIG12 last year)
Time/Date: 9/3/22 @ 7PM (EST)
TV/Streaming: BIG12 & ESPN+
Local Radio: 104.5 The Team

2021 was a disaster (2-9, 1-7 in CAA). Gattuso was inexplicably extended on 12/23/21 (Merry Freakin Christmas Danes fans!) through 2024. Can't get much worse, so only way is up! Hoping for at least average play this year.

2022-08-24-17-06-31-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

2022-08-24-17-10-38-UAlbany-Football-Sch

Edited by Eli

Sagarin predicts Baylor -50.91

RealtimeRPI Baylor 46-3, 99.8% (so there's a CHANCE)

Massey Ratings predict Baylor 42-6, 100%

And from the Baylor forum on Big 12 Week 1:

Albany 9 at Baylor 52

Albany gave up 62 points against Syracuse a year ago…Baylor is about to run all over this team and then hit on some play action strikes as well. Taye McWilliams runs for over 100 yards but the story of the game is Sqwirl Williams’ four touchdowns to start the season. Blake Shapen eases into the season with just 17 pass attempts before he is pulled  as the Bears pull away early.

So CW-- why the weird face.  Do you not understand the lion's den we are heading into.  By a WIDE margin, those in the football community would think if Albany held Baylor to a 35 point loss...it would be a good sign for Albany.

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

So CW-- why the weird face.  Do you not understand the lion's den we are heading into.  By a WIDE margin, those in the football community would think if Albany held Baylor to a 35 point loss...it would be a good sign for Albany.

We lose by 30-35 we win or take second in the CAA with a playoff birth. Baylor's second unit would kick the hell out of North Dakota State and every CAA school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I was harping all last year that they need to give the other guys reps and here he is with 20-20 hindsight wishing the same thing. Another reason why he should have been fired. 

You expect too much Jimbo. I've been calling for more slants for a decade lol. Maybe he'll surprise me this year? Remember that one play call a few years ago they used to run for the TE over the middle? Was like 25 yards every time? Man, good times.

UA only knows 3 passing areas: deep sideline, outside middle and to the flat (usually behind the LOS). They are allergic to the middle.

You going to be in the stands at CCSU Jimbo?

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

I was harping all last year that they need to give the other guys reps and here he is with 20-20 hindsight wishing the same thing. Another reason why he should have been fired. 

Interesting!   He conflicted with Davis, the Off Coordinator some.   Davis did not coach the last couple of games on the sideline.  It looked to me like coach Byham was calling plays on the sideline for at least the last home game.   Was Davis already told to move on??  O Line coach Sweeney left too.

13 hours ago, Eli said:

You expect too much Jimbo. I've been calling for more slants for a decade lol. Maybe he'll surprise me this year? Remember that one play call a few years ago they used to run for the TE over the middle? Was like 25 yards every time? Man, good times.

UA only knows 3 passing areas: deep sideline, outside middle and to the flat (usually behind the LOS). They are allergic to the middle.

You going to be in the stands at CCSU Jimbo?

No way. I won’t give them a nickel until GG is gone. It took half a century, but they finally offended me to the point of no return. I’ll watch the games on TV, but otherwise I’ll save the GDAC, ticket and gas $. Enjoy and may your voice be heard. 

Gattuso starts at about 31:30 talking about how Waco is now known for Chip & Joanna instead of David Koresh, then about 20 minutes until they finish with movies.

Early weather forecast is for a high of  93 and sunny, so not a lot different from Albany today.