UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

And while/if someone corrects this guy; have him TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A NOTCH  or two. Felt like I was being screamed AT the entire game. Kept wondering what I did wrong; why was this guy yelling at me constantly! 

For showing up perhaps???

The last game I went to last year the PA announcer was TERRIBLE. Apparently the same guy is back. They never learn, do they? They move the GDAC hospitality tent to field level next to the end zone, never even thinking of how upper deck people with mobility issues might want a beer at the tent without having to go on an Effing hike to to freaking Timbuktu. Complete idiots running the show in the AD. The students don’t have the $ you dummies….it’s the older folks that like convenience and ease of use. 

15 hours ago, dslyank said:

And while/if someone corrects this guy; have him TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A NOTCH  or two. Felt like I was being screamed AT the entire game. Kept wondering what I did wrong; why was this guy yelling at me constantly! 

For showing up perhaps???

Totally agree. I also dislike all the loud "music" between plays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I just hope someone in Benson's circle is reading the thread about the music and the announcer .... I hope secondly, they care about what we are saying .... lastly do something about it before the 24th of September....  another hope springs eternal moment at UAlbany

They 100000% read the forum. I recently had a conversation with someone high up in the AD and they referenced our online community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

They 100000% read the forum. I recently had a conversation with someone high up in the AD and they referenced our online community. 

Eli ... you and others have stated administrators within Sports access this forum in the past ... in my opinion our efforts to make change, no matter the concern, has had limited success.

1 minute ago, cwdickens said:

Eli ... you and others have stated administrators within Sports access this forum in the past ... in my opinion our efforts to make change, no matter the concern, has had limited success.

Agreed. But at least they are aware that this place exists and the overall sentiment of the diehard fan base. 

• Thanks 1

Last year at Sefcu hoop games I resorted to wearing headphones to help drown out the ever-present loud garbage music and the equally annoying noise of the clown PA announcer during timeouts. When play resumed I took them off. I’m 72 years old. I give a lot to GDAC. Have had season tickets since before we went D-1. I know it’s college ball and 18-22 year olds have to be entertained, but.......how about a little consideration for my age group, who give UA a lot of $$, and who support the teams (I believe) on a much more consistent level. If “Benson’s circle” do indeed listen to this forum, tone down the decibel level, musically and otherwise, and hire some competent people who actually know something about the sports their shouting about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tnehurley said:

Last year at Sefcu hoop games I resorted to wearing headphones to help drown out the ever-present loud garbage music and the equally annoying noise of the clown PA announcer during timeouts. When play resumed I took them off. I’m 72 years old. I give a lot to GDAC. Have had season tickets since before we went D-1. I know it’s college ball and 18-22 year olds have to be entertained, but.......how about a little consideration for my age group, who give UA a lot of $$, and who support the teams (I believe) on a much more consistent level. If “Benson’s circle” do indeed listen to this forum, tone down the decibel level, musically and otherwise, and hire some competent people who actually know something about the sports their shouting about.

I agree with you and others on the loudness more often than not, and I just hit 35. It's not just your age group for sure.

Edited by Eli