UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Announces 2023 Schedule

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, HOF2013 said:

Two FBS schools  - back to back - cool.  Did they mention any payday amount for our program? 

TU today says we get $150,000 plus travel expenses for Hawai'i, and $350,000 to play Marshall. We got $500,000 to play Baylor.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/ualbany-football-beefs-schedule-marshall-17863129.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGltZXN1bmlvbi5jb20vc3BvcnRzL2FydGljbGUvdWFsYmFueS1mb290YmFsbC1iZWVmcy1zY2hlZHVsZS1tYXJzaGFsbC0xNzg2MzEyOS5waHA=&time=MTY3OTk2NjQxMzIwMw==&rid=N2FjZTI1MjMtMzE1My00NzQ2LWEzNzYtZTRkMmE1ZGYxNWI1&sharecount=Mg==

First spring practice was today

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 9:22 PM, UAalum72 said:

I agree. I for one have no problem with the team playing two back to back FBS schools.  It'll be a good experience for the team and the program.  This spring ball is important. It'll help all of the new guys acclimate with the existing team culture and there are a bunch of new guys in Spring Ball camp.   Also a few JUCO players won't join the team until they graduate in May.   Pre-season camp should be great.

Edited by HOF2013

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 11:06 PM, HOF2013 said:

I agree. I for one have no problem with the team playing two back to back FBS schools.  It'll be a good experience for the team and the program.  This spring ball is important. It'll help all of the new guys acclimate with the existing team culture and there are a bunch of new guys in Spring Ball camp.   Also a few JUCO players won't join the team until they graduate in May.   Pre-season camp should be great.

Spring was good BUT 4 starting O Line were out injured - finishing recoveries from surgery or just injuries.  Gave backups lots of work. The rest willbe back for summer camp.   The safety from Temple has looked great but did not take part in full contact practice the day before the spring game and did  not play in the spring game.

• 4 weeks later...

UAlbany site doesn't list it on the schedule yet, but Marshall shows our game Sept. 2 at 6 pm on ESPN+

It is "We Are … Marshall" Day. looks like they're trying to get every local group to fill the stadium for a FCS opponent

-      The 2023 season kicks off with Marshall Athletics bringing the entire community together. In addition to Marshall's Staff and Faculty Appreciation day, Huntington-area youth are also invited to represent their local groups, including sports teams, spirit teams (cheer and dance) and other local youth groups. In accordance with the Marching Thunder, it will also be Band Day where local high school bands are invited to come play with the Marching Thunder. It is the perfect way to kick off the 2023 season!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bob87 said:

Hawaii today updated their website for the albany game time. As expected it is in the evening.  6pm Hawaii time. 

Patiently waiting on single gane tickets.  Hawaii is selling season tickets at this time 

Bob, do you like small hikes at all?  If so, Manoa Falls is a really easy and pretty hike about 10 min from campus. 

If anyone else is going to this game, I have a host of Oahu and Maui experience, can give advice on some to do's based on activity level / wishes.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Donations to the Athletic Dept. are now only $350 /seat for season tickets, but counted separately for each sport that you give to when purchasing season tickets.

A-HOLES. As performances and attendance go down in ALL UA sports; what better way to improve both, raise the commitment from long time supporters??????????😂. AND raising the commitment level in general {in times of declining interest & performance} is a "GREAT" marketing plan--NOT🤑🤑.

ps Does this mean the END off the so called "PRIORITY POINTS PLAN", which has been a mystery anyhow since Justin Brown left???????????

Edited by dslyank

On 7/31/2023 at 4:28 PM, UAalum72 said:

Football Tickets on Sale, Promotional Schedule Announced

As I expected, the Hawai'i game is at 6 pm HST (midnight EDT)

Donations to the Athletic Dept. are now only $350 /seat for season tickets, but counted separately for each sport that you give to when purchasing season tickets.

To clarify: you paid a $350.00 donation per season ticket plus your seat price for your seat location as I only paid $275 donation per seat times 2 ($550) for my two seats plus the seat price.  Have you spoken with Nate recently?