UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Football Announces 2023 Schedule

2 hours ago, alum73 said:

The website says all tickets are $100.

Donation for gold is $250.

I have been told that due to a "glitch", I was overcharged and would be credited towards the Preferred Seating Donation for MBB Season (new for the 2023-2024 Season).

Is this math we were doing right? We were looking and this can't be right..or well maybe it is ?

If we bought a GOLD section season ticket, it would cost someone $70 per game ($350 commitment for 5 games). (You can go to a Mets game for $70 a ticket)

However, if we bought a single game ticket in the GOLD section for each game, it would cost me $36 per game (prices vary from $30 to $40 per game for the 5 games).

That might be the only time we see a larger committed outlay resulting in higher prices.

The normal response is that the donation makes you eligible for parking.. but now in order to get parking, you have to commit to at least two season tickets.. so, now $140 per game. And that donation now doesn't count for any other sports.

So if we wanted to go to games.. the single game ticket option is both cheaper, and allows people to not spend if there's a game they can't go to (ex. if someone bought a season ticket.. and then can't go to one game.. their per game cost just went up to $87.50).

A greatly designed system to incentivize people away from GDAC/season tickets.....

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

Is this math we were doing right? We were looking and this can't be right..or well maybe it is ?

If we bought a GOLD section season ticket, it would cost someone $70 per game ($350 commitment for 5 games). (You can go to a Mets game for $70 a ticket)

However, if we bought a single game ticket in the GOLD section for each game, it would cost me $36 per game (prices vary from $30 to $40 per game for the 5 games).

That might be the only time we see a larger committed outlay resulting in higher prices.

The normal response is that the donation makes you eligible for parking.. but now in order to get parking, you have to commit to at least two season tickets.. so, now $140 per game. And that donation now doesn't count for any other sports.

So if we wanted to go to games.. the single game ticket option is both cheaper, and allows people to not spend if there's a game they can't go to (ex. if someone bought a season ticket.. and then can't go to one game.. their per game cost just went up to $87.50).

A greatly designed system to incentivize people away from GDAC/season tickets.....

On 8/2/2023 at 7:48 PM, cwdickens said:

I have been told that due to a "glitch", I was overcharged and would be credited towards the Preferred Seating Donation for MBB Season (new for the 2023-2024 Season).

Life is about choices and for many UAlbany season ticket holders for the Big Four Sports (Football, MBB, WBB and MLAX are now learning without any announcement from the University the Preferred Seating Donation Program ("PSD") is expanding to other sports however not a complete surprise as some has hinted that the University will be looking to increase revenues.

When I do math the average seat cost for my two seats is $80.00 ($300 ticket costs plus $500 "PSD" totaling $800.00), which makes the average cost per games higher than last year due to fewer home games

The new saying at UAlbany Sports: "If we rehabilitate a facility, our fans are going to pay for those improvements.  You want Women's Rowing; someone has to pay for the sport."

Based on how things play out this year, I may be making new choices in 2024-2025.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

On 8/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, MRSGDG said:

A greatly designed system to incentivize people away from GDAC/season tickets...

This has more or less been the case since day 1 of Benson & GDAC. It pretty much has always been the case {especially if you miss a game or two) to NOT be a season ticket holder.

When, I first complained years ago, I was told it is all about the "benefits" not the price? I spent the first three years after Casey was built by buying whatever section I could get in without making a GDAC donation. I continued donating to UA Athletics through the Alumni Foundation, which I have/had been doing seen 1971. Parked wherever I could  for free, never minded walking. Eventually, gave up the fight. Was already donating well over the required GDAC requirements; might as well get SEFCU parking 🤪.

Nevertheless,I AGREE with your assessment, that the GDAC program has been/is a terrible marketing program. I guess it has brought in a lot of money over the years {wonder how much more a real dynamic effort would have brought}. I guess we should give them credit for some of the facility improvements going on now? But overall IMHO, the GDAC program has been a dismal failure. Nearly every program {yes even track} is/has been on a downward spiral.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From a UAlbany Football Instagram posting:

UAlbany Football Weekly is BACK! đź‘Ź

The weekly show that highlights all things UAlbany Football will air every Saturday at 11:30am (My4 Albany) and 12:00pm (UAlbanySports.com) ALL. SEASON. LONG.

It all starts on August 26 🤫

Question... so there is a home game on Saturday. I went online to see where I can buy single game tickets.

Game Promotion   Gold Level       Purple Level      White Level      Gray Level 
Adult / Child    
 KeyBank Family Berm 
8/26 Fordham Blackout / Fireworks $40 $35 $30 $25 / $15* Available only on Gameday
9/30 Villanova Hometown Heroes
Parents Weekend
$35 $30 $25 $20 / $15* Available only on Gameday
10/21 Rhode Island Homecoming $40 $35 $30 $25 / $15* Available only on Gameday
11/04 William & Mary     Breast Cancer Awareness     $35 $25 $20 $15 / $10* Available only on Gameday
11/18 Monmouth Senior Day $30 $25 $20 $15 / $10* Available only on Gameda

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2new/Buy.asp?EventID=334979 when you go there Gray is not an option adn the Berm which they said is available only on Gameday is an option. So online I can't find an option to buy "gray" Adult/Child. Am I looking at it correctly? Could all the "gray" really be sold out as it's not an option at all, or are they trying to not let you buy those since they are the lower price and want to only open them up if they HAVE to?

Anyone know?

Contact Nate and/or Erica in the ticket office, however when I hover on the seating charts, the pop up said availability NONE .... I had noticed earlier that availability in the section that I sat in was very low, which surprised me.

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

11 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Contact Nate and/or Erica in the ticket office, however when I hover on the seating charts, the pop up said availability NONE .... I had noticed earlier that availability in the section that I sat in was very low, which surprised me.

Wonder if the Student Assoc has tickets for the first games for students in those sections? I mean its not like the football is high quality that everyone in the area is clamoring for tickets.

Edited by MRSGDG

1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

Is the game sold out?

No, don't believe so. I was just looking for a specific section that had reduced price for kids, and for some reason the ticket website doesn't have that as an option to choose whether on purpose or by accident.

I am surprised no one has commented on the announcement concerning Game Day Changes:

Important Changes for UAlbany Gameday Experience - University at Albany Great Danes (ualbanysports.com)

I am not surprised by the changes; however, taken aback as these changes should have been announced sooner.

2 hours ago, UAlbany09 said:

I just want to say FloSports charging 20 dollars a month to stream CAA games is highway robbery. You can get ESPN+ for half that price and have access to hundreds of more games. 

I just went in through the CAA website and it’s $14.99/mo for football only. 

Does anyone know if Students have their own entrance gate?? Can they use their student ID at any gate to get in stadium? Can someone with a paid reserved seat, sit in the student section?

My son’s girl friend is a grad student. He is not a student. They would obviously like to sit together at the game?